• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire SOCOM338-TI

Arx

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2023
PNW
I have the opportunity to purchase a 338 Ti suppressor at a decent price. Have not found very much information about the can. Are there any users here? If so, how do you like the can? Are you getting the performance advertised out of the can?

Most here are focused on precision, and as such we like suppressors made by manufacturers who focus on making suppressors for precision applications.

The go to .338 suppressor on this forum will be the TBAC 338 Ultra.

Surefire is known for it's hard use duty cans. People don't normally go to surefire for precision bolt gun use.

Is your reason for looking at this suppressor mostly due to price? What are your objectives for a .338 suppressor?

Reactions: secondofangle2
As a dealer, we have a relatively large concentration of Surefire sales in our suppressor line, but that is due to the fact that we specialize in military sniper rifles. The Surefire SOCOM series does a very good job at suppression reductions. Over the years, there have been other cans that are doing as well, if not better, and with lighter materials. As you mentioned, this Surefire is Titanium. It is very popular for those who have Surefire muzzle devices on multiple rifles.

It really comes down to your specific use case. I would encourage you to look at the CGS Hekate the the TBAC 338 line of suppressors as well. Those are hard to beat in that class of 8.6mm / .338, but you would not be disappointed in the Surefire, it will just not win all the awards and best sound reduction that others contend with. Then again, often times, at .338, you are shooting long distances where a db here or there is not as important as versatility or price (you said you got a good deal).

If it is a good price (and the "good price" includes the muzzle device), I'd jump on it. These "which suppressor" conversations are almost always about application, 338 cans, not so much. (If you are planning to run it on an 8.6blackout with an 8" barrel, please correct me here because it changes the math.)
The surefire brake is very effective with 338 recoil. You aren't shooting indoors so max suppression isn't the point. I own and run a TBAC 338 ultra and like it, but I'd buy a 338 surefire if the price was right. I definitely prefer the surefire muzzle device to the TBAC.

Most here are focused on precision, and as such we like suppressors made by manufacturers who focus on making suppressors for precision applications.

Surefire is known for it's hard use duty cans. People don't normally go to surefire for precision bolt gun use.

Is your reason for looking at this suppressor mostly due to price? What are your objectives for a .338 suppressor?

Yes, I’m mainly looking at this suppressor due to the price. I originally was considering the 338 Ultra Gen 2 SR but the price made the SF can worth looking into.

My primary objective considers the following metrics. Flash reduction, repeatability with accuracy, and durability are more important to me than sound attenuation.

The can would be used across 338 NM, 300 NM, and 308 on a AXSR rifle.

A can is a lifetime investment because resale value sucks and paperwork too much PITA to sell so get a good one and done be penny wise and pound foolish

TBAC is the 338 precision can standard