• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

surefire suppressor quad barrel

michshot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2010
IOWA
I have been toying with the idea of having a surefire MB556AR Muzzle Brake / Suppressor Adapter installed on my Lilja quad barrel to use with a surefire suppressor. First off, is this even possible and second are there any potential problems anyone can see, ie installation or accuracy. Thanks for the thoughts.

Re: surefire suppressor quad barrel

Do they even make a rimfire suppressor? Anything but a take apart style rimfire suppressor is going to be a PITA for cleaning the nasty rimfie reside out.

It will not effect accuracy if the muzzle adapter is installed properly. The 5.56 can has plenty enough space where the fouling can collect. Easily cleaned if you feel the need. JPG

To add a 5.56 suppressor to a .223 is overkill. You will be adding over a pound to your muzzle. A .22 suppressor weighs around 3-4 ounces.

Surefire now offers .22 cans. I personally like the Silencerco Sparrow .22 suppressor.