• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire Suppressors- it’s normal for them to be loose?

YBPS

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2022
Wyoming
I have a 6.5 SOCOM TI and I noticed that it becomes loose after a few shots out of a 25X47. I can crank down on the locking ring and get it tight again, but it only takes a few shots and you can wiggle it back and fourth approx 1-16” of an inch or so. Enough that you can see it and hear it clank back and fourth.

I contacted surefire, sent them a video, and they said that this is normal.

I know for a fact that a loose can will change POI and would think it should lock tighter for longer.

Thoughts?

Reactions: ShootnFool8
Not normal. I had it happen with a mirage cover on the can. The cover was over the collar and depressing the button some and it would loosen. I just bought a shorter mirage cover and problem solved.

Locking ring shouldn't loosen. I have had a SOCOM that even when ratcheted down tight wiggled a minute amount, but it never became looser.

Locking ring shouldn't loosen. I have had a SOCOM that even when ratcheted down tight wiggled a minute amount, but it never became looser.
This is what I have going on. The locking ring is tight and so is the suppressor at first, then after a few shots there is some play, in the can but can’t tighten the locking ring anymore.

SureFire’s responce below. It just pisses me off a little saying this won’t effect accuracy. I’d consider it a known fact that a can that you could move around with your bare hand would affect accuracy. I even sent them pictures of groups with the can and with out. When the can had the slight wobble you can’t get it under an inch with a 5 shot group ever. Take the can off and 5 shots look like 3 or 4 shots every time.

IMG_2740.jpeg

IMG_2738.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: TheOE800
My legacy fa556212 can have some wiggle.
The slot in the muzzle adapter is a hair larger than the pin in the suppressor.
Like you, I cannot tighten the collar anymore, but the can will move left/right a 1/16" if I twist it back and forth on my ARs.
On my bolt gun the barrel is so thick, the lock collar makes contact with the barrel so It does not have that "wiggle"

It has never been an issue for me, but I dont know if it could be affecting accuracy.

I understand your issue seems different.
Coming loose after a few shots.
Mine will have that wiggle from the moment I mount it on a barrel with clearance for the collar.

"Loose" and "suppressor" is not a combination you want.

depends one what you define as "loose". KAC NT4 cans have some rotational play/movement, so does the Griffin m4-SDII. there's no misalignment, just a little wiggle.

just a product of the designed mounting options.

but i dont think Surefire was designed to have much wiggle in it.