• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Surefire x300 fits which pistolas?

breachersup

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2011
New England
Hey all, I need a little bit of knowledge. Well, actually I probably need a lot of knowledge, but this question is more along the lines of a little bit of knowledge.

I’m thinking of getting one surefire x300 to use on 3 different pistolas of mine.

On Surefire’s website, it says “FITS: Handguns and long guns with Picatinny or Universal rails.”

Here is the link to the website: Surefire x300

<span style="font-weight: bold">So right out of the box, will this thing fit a Glock 34 (3rd Gen), a Smith and Wesson M&P 9 compact, and a Sig 1911 Tac Ops?</span>

In my state of ignorance, I think the Glock rail is the “universal” rail, and both the Smith and Wesson M&P and the Sig 1911 Tac Ops sure look like a Picatinny rail, but I don’t know what’s what for actual dimensions on which one and whatnot.

Anybody got some experience here? I just wanna know what’s what and if it’ll fit all 3 of these right out of the box with no adapters and stuff.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Surefire x300 fits which pistolas?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it will fit all of them, and any other weapon with a rail. </div></div>

With the exception of HK USPs. You need a conversion rail for those. Seeing as you don't have one...drive on. Just some info for those that do.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it will fit all of them, and any other weapon with a rail.</div></div>

This is sort of true. The X300 has 3 different rail locks that come with it. The universal rail lock which fits the regular Glock rails very nicely, a picatinny rail lock which is obvious what it fits, I forget what the third one is called but it is more of a semi permanent one as you need an allen wrench to install and remove.

I have a Glock so I use the universal lock, I used it with my picatinny rail on my AR and it works fine. I have also tried the universal lock on another pistol with a picatinny rail and it came flying off like like a bat out of hell. I thought it was a fluke the first time, but after seating the light and double checking it was locked on it came flying off again!

You can switch back and fourth between locks its just a PITA, because you need to remove a few screws on your light to switch out the lock.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

So.... To use the light on the "pic looking" rails of the m&p or the Sig 1911, and the glock, I'm gonna find myself switching out the base lock of the light mount (terrible nomenclature usage-i'm sorry) --> so right out of the box with the attachments the x300 comes standard with it's compatible to all 3 of these pistols, but if I decide to buy an x300 I might just wanna make up my mind to use it on the m&p and Sig exclusively to avoid the PITA of going between these and the glock as there's nothing instant about it?

To borrow the phrase - this isn't something you wanna go about doing in the field- so to speak?

I would say yes that it would be better to figure out what platform you want to use it on most and go that route.

Just put one on my Nighthawk and in the instructions it had a different config with Glock that the regular 1911 rail. So I think quick changing may be difficult but not impossible.