• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors surefire x300 or x400

hodds

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
ct
Need some advise.Should I get the 300 or 400. It is for a 1911. Any body have experience with both. I like the idea of the laser, any cons to the 400 vs the 300 other than cost?
Thanks

Re: surefire x300 or x400

I have used both and I prefer the X300 but I have trained a lot with pistols and rifles and light. If you want the laser get it though. It does serve a purpose and if your wife is going to possibly pick up the pistol in the middle of the night it could serve a purpose. I have almost 3K rounds through my X300 that I shoot all the time without any issues.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Chuck

One thing you might wish to consider are the holster options. The X400 is larger and has a slightly different shape (on the bottom) than the X300 due to the laser. I've heard its difficult to find holsters for pistols with an X400 mounted, though I haven't done any research myself.

Thanks for the info guys. Lookeed at the 400 today. It is very nice, but I think i am leaning toward the 300. Half the cost and more holster options.

either way, i have to recommend fastford on the hide here if you are looking to buy. he listed both x300's and x400's in the optics for sale section at a great price and shipped the same day i told him i'd take one. oh, and i got the x300.

Thanks Bigboss, I saw fastfords post earlier. Think I might get one from him

Don't overlook the laser as a training ad for trigger control. Put the laser dot on something and dry fire without the laser moving. Great trigger pratice.

Thanks, think im gonna get the 300.