• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Surefire x400 or Streamlight tlr-2

Re: Surefire x400 or Streamlight tlr-2

I'm def. a SUREFIRE guy. There is a youtube video of the X400 being demo'ed and T&E'd. It looks very solid, reliable, versatile. I am going with the Surefire.

Why spend $450.00 for that, when you can spend $250 for the TLR-2 or the ITI M6? I have been using am ITI M3 since 2003 and its still going strong. I would look at the ITI M6 or M6X since you want a laser.

I am not a surefire fan, I bought my first Sure Fire, a 6R in 1997, quite frankly it was junk. Obviously this was not a weapon light, but for hard use on my duty belt, it was flat out junk. I changed over to a Streamlight Stinger when the Sure Fire Crapped out within 4 months of use. Here it is 13 years later still going strong, its more silver than black now. The only upgrade I did was to add the HP Upgrade about 6 years ago. Jjust for the record I am just changed the first bulb this year, and am on my second battery.

I am a Surefire guy, just like them. Plenty durable, and has a better focused beam. Play with them and see what you like better.
My Sig's...
DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

I use both Surefire and Insight M6X's. I like the surefire better, Its smaller and more durable. Sorry to hear about your sure fire WD, did you send it back to them? I shot an ITI M6 off of my benelli M4, literally, it disassembled and broke apart. The M6X does well on my G 21SF, I have the Surefire x200 on my G 30

Anyway, My $.02, its worth what you paid for it

I've used and broken them all, but I've broken Surefires the least for what it's worth.

Surefire. I love the two i have.
sx0pzb.jpg

SUREFIRE...Customer service. I've broken my 10X Dominator twice now, $450.00 primary hand held light. Both times going through doors on probation/parole searches. They have been fixed/shipped by Surefire without question, even with extremely hard use. There is none better in my opinion. Another "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" company to me. YMMV. Jeff.

I have an older Surefire X200. I just bought the all German new production Sig Sauer P226 with a rail and tried to move the SF X200 over from my Kimber Desert Warrior to the P226. The X200 is blocked by the trigger guard and will not snap in to the forward most notch in the 226's rail. I called SF and they sent me a U rail but it is for the newer 6-screw version of the X200. This one has the notch in the "wings" through which the middle of the six screws attaches.

ANYONE HERE HAVE A UNIVERSAL "U" LABELED X200 PLATE THAT I CAN BUY OFF YOU? I HAVE TWO "P" PICATINNY PLATES AND THIS NEW "U" PLATE THAT WON'T FIT THAT I CAN TRADE FOR IT. I ONLY NEED TO KEEP THE ONE "P" PLATE FOR MY KIMBER, UNLESS I SELL IT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,

'Driver

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

The Surefire hands down. I have had to send 3 different Streamlight weapon lights back because the recoil fried the circuit boards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Surefire hands down. I have had to send 3 different Streamlight weapon lights back because the recoil fried the circuit boards. </div></div>

Anybody else have bad experiences with streamlight? I'm considering one for an AR pistol.

I was undecided between the Surefire and Insight. A quick e-mail to Surefire in regards to where the weaponlights are made revealed that these are not made here in the USA. They were quick to respond and honest about it. So I call Insight, and actually spoke with a person at customer service. She said all their weapon lights are made in the USA. I bought the Insight. I have one on a Glock 21, and one on the quad rail of a Colt 6920. I don't have any experience with the Surefire, but I bet it is a quality product, just like their flashlights, which I do use. The insight is impressive. Will it light up a football field? No. But I can illuminate my backyard and then some for great target (42 long?) identification. The price was just over $200, but that was almost 2 years ago. Hope this helps. Good luck and good shooting!

Doug

P.S. I had an incident with two goons who showed up at my house rather late one night offering lawn services. Right... I did not have a weaponlight and was caught flat footed. I did have a S&W 629 behind my back, it just happened to be on my loading bench after cleaning. I moved into the weaponlight less than a week later. It's a good idea if you ask me. Just maintain trigger finger discipline when you light up any goons.

SureFire weaponlights are made in the USA. I don't know who told you that but I have worked there for almost 5 years now and we machine all of our aluminum in house and build them in Fountain Valley, CA.

I had three Insight M3 lights and none of them worked with any consistency. I've seen 4 or 5 TLR1 lights break from the recoil of our Glock .40 cal pistols.

I had two X200s and now have three X300s and I'll never go back. I did have a battery contact break on one of my X200s and Surefire had a replacement to me in three days. I'm waiting on an X300 Ultra to show up now.

Hi Chucky,
It was an e-mail that I had actually saved for some time. It has long since been deleted. I recall that it stated that some assembly parts were not made here in the USA. Again, this may be common, and or old news to some in regards to meeting a requirement that says this or that was made in the USA. I'm not looking to start any debates, just my best recollection as to what persuaded me to Insight. I've read some of your other posts and find them concise, helpful, and informed. Surefire has Lisa Simpson customer service (A+++) and I use their flashlights as stated. I was just giving my thoughts and purchase policies when spending my pesos. Maybe the OP could find a demo of some sort and this may help him (and others) decide on a light/laser. Deep thoughts from my shallow mind.

Doug

Surefire's reputations for rugged equipment is well known. I have seen Stream light equipment go down several times.

Go with the X400.

I don't know why people are comparing SureFire to Insight? Insight is not the same company as StreamLight. SL had contracts with Insight to make the M series lights. Once SL started to offer the TLR series, then the contract ended. Insight offers their procyon lights.

If you have the funds...I say get the SF over the SL. I used to work for SL in the repair department and could tell you some horror stories.

SureFire FTW.

The surefire mount system is in my opinion far superior as well.