• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Suregon Action

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
I just recieved my rifle back from getting put assemble. The extractor is cutting the rim of the brass. When you close the bolt handle it feels hard to close. Then when you open to eject the brass it sticks in the extractor. I look at the brass and it is actually cutting into the rim of the brass. Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: Suregon Action

You might have an extractor with a burr on it. I'd contact the rifle builder and have him look at it.

They take all of 3 minutes to replace.

What caliber and brass are you using? Is is new brass or resized? It is possible that it is a brass issue and not an action issue, especially since you have changed out the extractor. Might try some different brass or different ammo and see if the problem persists.

dar, is this factory ammo or reloads ? You didn't say.
Could/can you try factory ammo ?
How does it "feel" w/o the extractor when you chamber a round ?
If it feels the same it may not be the extractor but the bolts edge.
Respectfully,
LG

It is 260 reloads. I tried new brass and old brass. Works flawless in the other 2 rifles. Used the exact loads in them also. The rifles are all cut with the same reamer to the same specs.

With the extactor out. The bolt functions great. The gun shoots great. Never thought of the bolt edge. The extractor cuts the full rim of the brass. It is almost like the extrator is made to low to the bolt face and not allowing the brass to seat.

When you eject the round it is stuck in the bolt.