• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon 260

glockdan78

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Austin TX
I randomly came across this rifle on the surgeon website a few months back. I was pretty happy with my 308, but wanted the extra performance of a 6.5 so I pulled the trigger. Really like the J Allen stock. I feel it's the best chassis out there. Very sturdy and does not feel cheap. It is a little heavy but the ergos are phenomenal. Surgeon builds one hell of a rifle.
Specs
1-8 kreiger fluted Palma threaded
Surgeon 591
J Allen enterprises jae-700
They used their 260 match reamer with a 295 neck and a .060 freebore....which does require neck turning lapua brass.
The results of the neck turned lapua have been positive so far. SDs have been in the single digits with 44.3 of 4831sc and 140 hybrids. Shot this group while using a squeeze style rear bag for the first time so I think I'll do a little better with some more practice. I won't be satisfied until I can get this rifle shooting in the .250 range....which seems fairly typical with the surgeon builds.

316vxfo.jpg

2d14nxs.jpg

Nice build brother. I love everything about it except the neck turning.... I spoke to Justin a few days ago about a surgeon .260 in a McMillan A5 adj.... I think they're going to start the 6.5 batch next!

you don't even have to pet on her much and she'll shoot in the .1's

Stephen, wade and the rest of the fine folks at surgeon build ONE HECK of a rifle

Very nice, can't wait to finish my .260 build... I need to look into a J Allen.