• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon 300 WSM action okay for a 300 RSAUM?

Jakerz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Statesville, NC
Title says it all, I want to biuld a custom gun next and I'm starting my research now, I like the 300 RSAUM's I've shot in the past and it seems like a good round.

Would you go with the Surgeon action though? they seem kinda overpriced compared to everything else, haha. maybe an M2008 SA with a magnum boltface, just need to see if I can even buy that, lol

Thanks,
Jake

Re: Surgeon 300 WSM action okay for a 300 RSAUM?

Yep Jakerz,

That action would be a great pic!

Surgeons are proven...I've never even heard a complaint about them and that integral rail is a great idea because you don't have to worry about a mount coming loose "usually" at the worst possible time.

Steve

The surgeon rsr comes in their wsm format. I have a 7wsm built on one and love it. Plus it can be had with the pinned recoil lug and pinned 20moa rail for about $900.

no problems there get the WSM action and place the better short action mag in there the Rem SAUM it is a pitty Remington missed the boat on the marketing but their are a lot of target shooters swaping over to it as the case seems to be better designed.

If it was me i would neck it to 7mm as the 7mm rem SAUM has better performance the 175gr MatchKing has a higher bc than any 30 cal projectile until you get to the 240gr MatchKing so if you push the 175gr 7mm MatchKings at the same speed as a 210gr MatchKing the 7mm is infront with everything but energy but it will have more energy than a 190 30 cal from the short mag past 400 yards.