• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon 300wm build finally done!!!

Skum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2011
Dunmore, PA
179986_484638228232233_1488334353_n.jpg

Aics 2.0
Krieger 26" 1/10
Jewel Trig
Surgeon 1086 long action
Victor company grippy
smile.gif

Atlas bipod monopod combo

APA fat bastard break
APA 1.3" rings
NF moar 5.5-22x50

think thats it.. and she is still a virgin

Re: Surgeon 300wm build finally done!!!

That looks like a fun one to break-in. Nicely spec'd. Enjoy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LT JGB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks like a fun one to break-in. Nicely spec'd. Enjoy! </div></div>

you still playing around with h1000 and 208 amax

im not going to bust my balls with a hardcore break in, im just gonna load about 5 different charges and do a group with each RR style and just have fun maybe in the future on a 2nd barrel ill start getting into comps and such when i get comfortable with the rifle

Nice setup. I got the li'l bastard on my 300. It feels like I'm shooting a .243, I couldn't imagine it with the Fat Bastard. get used to sad faces from the people to the right and left on the line.

Using 76.8 gr. h-1000 w/ 208 A-max 4 thou from the lands in Norma Brass and getting around 2850 fps at about 300ft elev. Whenever you get to the range let us know how it does and the load you used. good luck w/ that sweet rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 105amatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice one man! What does it weigh? </div></div>

im going to say between 25-27lbs its heavy but i can hold my own

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lance Criminal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
and yes i will let you all know when my load testing is done..
i trying to get a chrono or at least use one

im starting off with 74g-77g h1000 f215m primers 208 amax in Rws brass

thanks to the rest for the feedback

Are those my toys in the corner, uncluding the one on the desk. Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes......Nice Rifle dude. Enjoy

25-27 pounds.... Seriously how heavy is it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mendy300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">25-27 pounds.... Seriously how heavy is it </div></div>

im just guessing of the ship weight which was 28 lbs

thats not including scope,rings,bipod,monopod

so 28lbs minus hard case, cardbord + the above mentioned addons

so thats what i figured but i tossed it on a scale standing up and was getting 21-22 close enough
smile.gif

it weighs what it weighs, if its a surgeon it will drill!300wm is the downrange destroyer!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skum</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LT JGB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks like a fun one to break-in. Nicely spec'd. Enjoy! </div></div>

you still playing around with h1000 and 208 amax

im not going to bust my balls with a hardcore break in, im just gonna load about 5 different charges and do a group with each RR style and just have fun maybe in the future on a 2nd barrel ill start getting into comps and such when i get comfortable with the rifle</div></div>

I found a really good load with the following:
- Hornady match brass or winchester brass
- Federal Gold 215M Primers (large rifle magnum)
- Hornady 208gr AMAX
- 76.8gr H1000
- 0.020" from lands

Several others on the hide have had great success with this combination. If you ran the Newberry OCW with your 1/10 26", I wouldn't be at all surprised if you found a nice node around this charge weight. If this weight suits you, recommend seating it a little closer to the lands to see if your groups improve.

She looks like a shooter lets see some groups and is the action as smooth as everyone else says they are

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762forlife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She looks like a shooter lets see some groups and is the action as smooth as everyone else says they are </div></div>

very smooth and i ordered a chronograph so once i get that ill be off to the range