• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

surgeon 591 action chassis fit

brianf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
NY
got a good deal on surgeon short action...first one for me

was clicking around as we all do and it looks like some people have fit issues with some chassis

seems the bolt stop guard/bump touches the chassis

saw one pic of a MDT ACC elite and the guy said he had to relieve the chassis

i know an impact is a surgeon at its core and they have the same guard/bump but no issues from what i know

anyone have surgeon builds or fit issues with newer chassis...info in general

thanks

Had a Surgeon 591 that wouldn't fit into a Manners TCS because the Bolt stop guard interfered with the chassis. Takes a little bit of work with a dremel to make it fit. The impact fits fine in a TCS since the bolt stop guard is just slightly slimmer.

Interesting note... an Impact will fit perfectly into a stock that is Devcon bedded for a Surgeon and not require any adjustment. At least in my experience.

Reactions: brianf
Had a Surgeon 591 that wouldn't fit into a Manners TCS because the Bolt stop guard interfered with the chassis. Takes a little bit of work with a dremel to make it fit. The impact fits fine in a TCS since the bolt stop guard is just slightly slimmer.

Interesting note... an Impact will fit perfectly into a stock that is Devcon bedded for a Surgeon and not require any adjustment. At least in my experience.
thanks

so you think the impact bolt stop is in the exact same position but the guard is slightly slimmer?

thanks

so you think the impact bolt stop is in the exact same position but the guard is slightly slimmer?
Yep. I sold my Surgeon about 6 months ago and dropped an Impact into the Surgeon inletted stock. The relief cut for bolt stop is just slightly larger for the surgeon than it would need to be for the Impact. I can take a pic tonight for you to see what I mean.

Yep. I sold my Surgeon about 6 months ago and dropped an Impact into the Surgeon inletted stock. The relief cut for bolt stop is just slightly larger for the surgeon than it would need to be for the Impact. I can take a pic tonight for you to see what I mean.
great thanks..

wonder if the actual bolt stop itself is thinner as well or maybe impact moved it "up"

2 birds 1 stone in their eyes

surgeon bilt stop is dead center in bolt lug cut

It looks like the bolt stop may be slightly above bolt Center, but the guard is definitely thinner as well.

Attachments

• 57CCEE19-CE35-4D3D-A000-153EEFDF0C83.jpeg
    57CCEE19-CE35-4D3D-A000-153EEFDF0C83.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: brianf