• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon CS

Forrest84

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Cutt n Shoot, TX
Havnt seen anything on surgeon in a couple years on year pretty much and the last of all I had seen was inability to reach them or get parts.
Sooo I finally broke a firing pin and this week when I can hardly reach anybody in an office(I work healthcare construction so I’m on the phone a lot) nor can I reliably get parts for anything delivered on time or right. Surgeon has answered or returned all my calls and got may parts out to me the day I paid up.
Honestly when I broke the pin I was immediately thinking it would take 50 calls and 3 months to get parts(I went ahead and replaced the springs and plunger etc) it only took two days because I couldn’t remember if I had a SFP or LFP. Also in talking with the guy he it sounded like they were deliberately trying to breath life back in the brand and make their way back to the competitive world so we’ll see

Surgeon made great stuff. Possibly still does. Always had great service. They seem to have fallen off in popularity due to people wanting pre fit options. Still the best in my opinion. IIRC Rem firing pins. Not certain but I do recall Preston stating that some Remington parts were interchangeable.

I think Surgeons are held to tight enough tolerances to use prefits. They changed some stuff at one point or another, so they don't market them that way, but I think they are. Check with your smith.

Reactions: RTH1800
I’m a huge tikka fan and I’ve had a couple built for PRS but I have seen a couple pins break on 6.5 creeds with them. I’ve been abusing surgeons for 10 years and this is the first time I’ve broken one.

Reactions: RTH1800