• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon PSR .338 Rifle Set Up...

Kilmore

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2011
Utah
Up and running full speed now, break in completed as per Kreiger's instructions. Surgeon PSR .338 Lapua in an AI AX chassis with 27" Kreiger SS barrel in a 1-9.35 twist. NightForce NXS 5.5 x 22 56mm mounted with a NF Uni-Mount Ti-AU with 20MOA and 1.375 of height. ELR Tactical light weight bipod. AWC PRS Ti and muzzle break. One of my buddy Larry Vicker's Blue Force Gear flush cup hooyah sling in AOR1. With the 30 MOA that Surgeon builds into the receiver and the NF mount, the scope has 50 MOA of cant. The rifle zeros at 300 yards with the scope elevation bottomed out (shoots 1.8 mils/6 inches high at 100 yards), leaving the full 27 mils of travel plus the 10 mils of hold over on the mil-dot reticle. Shooting a ragged hole at 300 yards. Whole thing should put the pellet down range out to 2400-2600 yards. It is like divine intervention that the components interface so well together.

Re: Surgeon PSR .338 Rifle Set Up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....Shooting a ragged hole at 300 yards...... </div></div>

Hang onto that rifle bro
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Shooting a ragged hole at 300 yards. <span style="color: #FF0000">Whole thing should put the pellet down range out to 2400-2600 yards.</span> It is like divine intervention that the components interface so well together. </div></div>

Do what?

Target distance =2600 yards. Mil elevation +37.88/windage 1.39 L, TOF 5.16 seconds, apex of flight 21.8 mils or 107.30 ft at 1638 yards, sub-sonic at impact. Using the available hold over on the mildot I can go to 37 mils+- and depending on the ammo I am shooting and if a suppressor is in use, could be a little less elevation needed. Time will tell. New ballistic program in final R&D. In use by Steve Reichert, Ward Brien, the late Chris Kyle, etc and nobodies like me. The rifle is only part of the deal, the dope is king. My EDM Windrunner put a bullet on steel at 2700 yards. That gun is sold and this is the replacement. Bill Richie is building me a new EDM XM408 and it is on the way.

I recently placed a similar package on order with Wade at Surgeon. Would be interested to know which barrel contour you selected. Also, would be interesting to compare results when I get everything together.

GT

This rifle is Surgeon's square one PSR solicitation rifle as built for SOCOM. It has a Krieger #10 Stainless barrel with AWC Thor Ti muzzle break that is custom built for the AWC Thor PSR Ti suppressor. The contour is such that the back half the keyholes on the hand guard cannot be used due to the barrel being too close to the hand guard. Not a big issue as the bipod and sling 1913 rails mount where they are needed.