• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Surgeon Rifle w AIAX chassis

Re: Surgeon Rifle w AIAX chassis

I have a 16" 8 twist 308 built on a 591 and an AX chassis. It shoots very well and is very handy.

I have also spent a considerable amount of time behind a 338 lapua built on an XL action and an AX stock built for us by AI. It has been the most accurate and easy to shoot 338 lapua that I have owned or shot. Mine is at the PSR trials now.

I will email a couple of pictures. I cannot get them to post from my phone.

Wade was there any issues with the inlet for the recoil lug when using the 591? I heard that modifications needed to be made to get it to fit. That was the main reason I went with a KMW Sentinel stock instead of the AX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wade was there any issues with the inlet for the recoil lug when using the 591? I heard that modifications needed to be made to get it to fit. That was the main reason I went with a KMW Sentinel stock instead of the AX. </div></div>

A very minor relief for the radius at the rear of the recoil lug must be made. It can literally be done in a minute or 2 with a pocket knife. (That's not how it's done in the shop, though.)

I am waiting patiently for Surgeon to call me. That said, I don't think you can go wrong with the sentinel stock.

I have this exact setup, assuming your talking about a 591 action. The only modification that was made to the chassis was a little relief for the bolt handle, and a groove for the safety on the timney trigger.No mods to the recoil lug area. If you like, PM me your email and I'll shoot you some pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...143#Post3001143

Here is my set up...
</div></div>

I saw those pictures. That's a great looking rifle. I should have my Sentinel in a few weeks. I can't count how many times I've looked at that thread. It doesn't get much better than that. I have rifle ADD so I'll end up getting an AX for my next Surgeon build.