• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Surgeon round action 260 Rem range report

Seuss

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2001
York, PA USA mostly
Guys,
Will try to keep this short.
Got the Surgeon round action in the group buy, had a 6.5 Krieger I won and a Rock from the group buy.
Had the gun built locally by Clarence Hammonds, shot the May Reade match w the Rock + my Shark can using 100 yard data from one range trip, was 4th after day 1, finished 7th.
Have been mulling adding an FTE brake to the Krieger, called Marty and one was on the way. Hammonds threaded and installed same day.
Took it to my local range last night to re-zero, after I was on at 100 using GAP/BH ammo I slowly fired 3 rounds over ~10 minutes,
YIKES, was 0.34" outside to outside!! Yeah that's .075 CTC. Off a bipod and rear bag. WTF.
Chrono showed I lost almost 40 fps from my Rock velocities but w that kind of accuracy I will manage.
Stoked to say the least.
laugh.gif

Re: Surgeon round action 260 Rem

Clarence Hammonds has been known to build a rifle or two...........one hellofa BR smith as your rifle has proved. Congrats on that killer accuracy.

The green/desert combo came out of an issue I had w the action. Surgeon fixed it, stood 110% behind their product, and Ceracoated the action and Rock barrel for free.
I Kryloned the Krieger, don't look so sharp, given how it shoots I think we'll be ok..

Nuthing wrong with the way that gal looks. Damn I am liking the M40 stock more and more. Gotta do some selling so I can get my paws on one!!