• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon Round Acton ?????????'s

USMCj

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2008
Nazzifornia
I have a Surgeon round action on order and I had a few questions for those of you that have one.

Is the recoul lug that comes with the round action the same thickness as the built into the 1 peice action?

Are the external dimensions of the round action identical to the 1 piece action?

does the bolt handle rest in the same spot and same position on the round action as it does on the 1 peice action?

I know these are questions I should ask Surgeon, but they are closed now and I need to know now.

thanks
USMCj

Re: Surgeon Round Acton ?????????'s

The round receiver is a Remington 700 clone. They're entirely two different receivers.

The lug for the round is indeed the same thickness as the integral one. I am not 100% sure if the rounds have a side bolt release or not, but the tactical short is a rem clone as well. The longs are a different story as William said above.

Dave

Guys Im not talking about the long action.

What I want to know is this.

If I buy a AICS stock that has the recoil lug area milled and the bolt handle area milled to accept a Surgeon 1 piece SA action, will the SA round action drop right in?

And will the bolt handle area that has been milled match up with the round action bolt handle?

here is a pic of the stock in question

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

my understanding is it is the exact same action specs except the rail and lug are removable... makes machining easier so reduces cost on them... plus there are other options then.

Dave

I had a brain fart and was thinking XL for some reason, sorry. This is a clip from Surgeons WWW and is talking about the round short action repeater with integral lug and rail.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The action will take any Rem pattern trigger and any Rem compatible stocks or magazine feed systems including Badger, etc. with internal box.</span>

USMCj, I have a new round and the original 1 piece action on hand waiting for other parts. The bolts are the same and the bolt handle is at the same angle. I alternated them and could tell no difference one action to another. The recoil lugs are the same thickness but the round action lug is more tapered and hangs below the action a bit more than the integral lug. So you will not have to widen the lug area but you may need to deepen it. Length from screw holes to front of lugs are the same. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys! My questions have been answered.

+1 What DJA said, and it does have the same side bolt-release, too. I know this isn't integral to your question, but figured it might help others who wonder along looking for info.

As above, the dimensions and bolt handle position are the same. The action is well machined. I think you will be happy with the action.

Thanks guys, Im just waiting for the call from Surgeon leting me know that the action is ready to ship, cant wait!

Those of you that have the action on hand, could you please post some pics of the side that the bolt release is on, along with some other shots of the action, thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a brain fart and was thinking XL for some reason, sorry. This is a clip from Surgeons WWW and is talking about the round short action repeater with integral lug and rail.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The action will take any Rem pattern trigger and any Rem compatible stocks or magazine feed systems including Badger, etc. with internal box.</span>
</div></div>
Does that mean it can't take a detachable box mag? I wouldn't want one if I couldn't throw a Badger M5 or Seekins DBM under it...

The Badger and the Seekins are made for the Remington 700. This means that the Surgeon action will work perfectly with either system. Surgeon themselves also make a very nice detachable mag setup that uses the AI mags like the Badger does.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a brain fart and was thinking XL for some reason, sorry. This is a clip from Surgeons WWW and is talking about the round short action repeater with integral lug and rail.

</div></div>
Does that mean it can't take a detachable box mag? I wouldn't want one if I couldn't throw a Badger M5 or Seekins DBM under it... </div></div>

It will accept the Badger M5, Surgeon DBM and even the Seekins.

If I didnt plan to run it in a AICS, Seekins would have been my first choice due to the longer OAL of the mag.

no one wants to post pics of their round action showing the side bolt release?

I haven't seen pics of it, but Surgeon says it's there, which is good enough for me.
smile.gif

I haven't been able to find any pictures or pricing of it on Surgeon's website... Where can I find more info? Thanks. I assume it is only available through Surgeon right now correct?

The bolt release is nothing exciting to see and I forgot to photograph it before it shipped for the build. It does not have the lip built in around it like the standard surgeon. It will ride slightly below the stock line, mine will require about 1/8" relief over the last 1/2" of the stock to accomadate it.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...600#Post1056600

Thanks Norcal, I had seen the pics of your action, thats why I chose the Round action for my build. I just wanted to see what the bolt release looked like, thats all.