• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon Scalpel 308 - SWR Omega 30 - new toy

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
After about 15 weeks of waiting on this suppressor and almost an equal time of wait on the rifle I finally have it put together. This is a Surgeon Scalpel in 308win, it has a McMillan A5 adjustbale stock with Surgeon DBM. Also its wearing a KMW bolt knob and black cerakote finish on the metal. The suppressor is a SWR Omega 30 (thanks Bryon).
I received the Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Tactical scope from SURGE a fellow SH member. I am still getting used to this scope, as it is new to me but I have always heard great things about them so I figured I'd give one a try. Well after learning how to adjust it I have decided to purchase another.

Enough rambling, here come the pics:

2rpa93c.jpg

2uonqzr.jpg

vq39ee.jpg

Re: Surgeon Scalpel 308 - SWR Omega 30 - new toy

Thank you. Just waiting on my TAB cover and Phoenix pod claws!

Very nice stick , have you shot it yet?
how do you like the SWR can?
what made you choose that one over some of the other?
Not knocking just wondering , I'm looking buy a comercial can soon , I've got several form 1's but no PD's allow a "home made" suppressor

Veery nice build. A police friend of mine recently canceled his scalpel order after 6 months they still didnt start his. Rifle looks great though. Post up some groups.

I ordered my remedy two weeks ago and he told me 4to 6 weeks. Yesterday Preston called and give me the tracking number. It olny took 2 weeks to build and ship mine. May be luck iono but I'm glad.

youve got yourself a sweet setup there!

post a range report. have fun and good luck!

Very nice rig sir. Now, go out to the range, shoot it and knock some paint off of it, then PLEASE give us a range report and let us know how she shoots!

Congrats!

Im going to shoot it today. I did a partial barrel break in last night and will finish it today. Im loading up the Kawasaki Tyrex right now
smile.gif
and yes, I live where the range is! Gonna sight it in at 100. then creep out to 600 today. Gotta go buy some targets!!! catch you guys later on

Thanks for all the kind comments. I waited and paid dearly for that rig. my credit card is still screaming at me.
smile.gif

I just paid 5125 for a remedy and I don't feel bad at all. It's only money. Plus now we've got freakin surgeon rifles!!!

kyshooter,

Nice build, I am thinking about something similar and have a few questions hopefully you can address?

- what is the weight of the rifle only (no scope or suppressor)
- what barrel make, length and countour did you spec?
- what "fill" did you spec for the A5 stock?

Thanks,

Well, I saw one similar to this on their Ready for delivery page one day. It had already sold and I asked him to clone it for me. The barrel is in MTU contour which is pretty standard in dimensions but I can do some measurements when I get home from work. I havent weighed it with nothing on it. I would guess at 12-14 pounds. its the barrel...

Standard stress free bedding. the fill is medium weight I beleive.

KY Dude you are vastly becoming King of the Bad A_ _ rifles. I need to be on your list when you start unloading them again. lol

HAHA. thanks man, I do what I can. If you ever decide to drive up this way hit me up and we can go shoot at my range
smile.gif

You really have the best of the best kind of setup there. Very nice