• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Surgeon Scapel Torque settings

308Gunner

Full Bird Private
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2013
    W TEXAS
    Like the above says I sent my barrel to GAP to get a break put on when I took it apart the front was around 60 in/lbs and the rear was 20 has anyone seen this or is it typical for Surgeon's

Technical Questions | Surgeon Rifles

if your chompin at the bits to try er out over the weekend 50 in/lbs each with the barrel up, butt down. snug them both finger tight starting at the front. then snug with torque wrench starting at the front to rear. then final torque starting at the front then rear.

call em on Monday, wade or any of the guys at the shop will get ya took care of.folks at surgeon are tip top!

update the thread with direct info from them on Monday. this topic comes up fairly regular and ya get a lot of he said she said and fastener professors.

Last edited:
    Yeah I sent them an email I was just wondering if anyone had seen the same settings.

UPDATE! Per Surgeon the torque settings for the action screws are 65 inch/pounds. The barrel is 90.

Not to revive a dead post, but using the search function, I found this info. The link is dead, but thanks for sharing.