• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

surgeon XL 338lm build done

GUNNER10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2005
Va
well after a couple months at yankee custom gun works, it returns, yea, its heavy(has to be over 20lbs),its ugly, its not the most ergonomic(i have man hands), but i have a feel that just like arty, once this bastard gets mounted on a mountain top, everything we be just fine.

specs
surgeon XL action
jewel trigger set at 2.5lbs
krieger 28 inch modified MTU contour 1:9.35 twist barrel
armalite ar30 brake
AICS
cerekoated black
nightforce 5.5x22x56mm NP-R2

hope to have an initial range report this weekend. cant wait

2011-04-14_11-35-49_812.jpg

2011-04-14_11-35-31_890.jpg

2011-04-14_11-35-17_653.jpg

Re: surgeon XL 338lm build done

That looks so dang good I bet it would make a great conversation piece on the coffee table.

Very nice, especially like the brake bet it'll work well.

Is it a standard LA AICS - if so are you using the non CIP mags (91.5mm max COAL)?

WOW!
smile.gif

That looks great!
Cant wait to see how it shoots. :p
That XL looks very nice, I would look at getting one myself if they were not so spendy.
frown.gif

Thanks for the pics.
smile.gif

That brake just ruins what would be an otherwise awesome looking package IMO.

But, who gives a damn how it looks... I want to see how it shoots.

They say that the Armalite brake is one of the most efficient ones out there. Not the purdiest but werks mighty nice....

yeah the brake has a somewhat interesting look to it, but i like it, i was leaning towards an FTE but decided to try somthing different.

its actually the 338 lapua stock the AI just came out with a few months back that allow for the use of CIP length rounds, i got it from surgeon but ive seen them online at a few places, im going to be making up some rounds this weekend for testing and load development.

honestly, for anybody that is considering surgeon, i cant say enough good stuff about them, i was considering a badger m2008 but they never had any availible, i called up surgeon, two weeks later they had my action availible,

cool thing was since i really wasnt ready to plunk down 1500 bucks for a receiver they were willing to take payments and by they time the barrel arrived from krieger, the receiver was basically paid off.

so if you guys are not in a rush, i would definitly give the guys a call, and set somthing up.