• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon XL, AI AX chassis mag issues

happyfast79

Private
Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2013
    WYOMING
    I'm having some problems, I have a Surgeon XL that I put into a AIAX chassis and have issues with the bolt not coming back far enough to get completely behind the rim of the case. How would you guys go about fixing this? Thanks

Attachments

• 20230108_195918.jpg
      20230108_195918.jpg
      315.8 KB · Views: 45
    Loosen the main bolt and bump the stock on the floor to seat the action to the rear and retighten the screw and see if that makes a difference

Reactions: happyfast79
    Loosen the main bolt and bump the stock on the floor to seat the action to the rear and retighten the screw and see if that makes a difference
    I'll give it a try, that massive recoil lug is tight in the chassis, so not sure she will move , but worth trying. Thanks

I'm having some problems, I have a Surgeon XL that I put into a AIAX chassis and have issues with the bolt not coming back far enough to get completely behind the rim of the case. How would you guys go about fixing this? Thanks
    If the bolt only has to move further to the rear a small amount, you can machine a small amount of material from the face of the bolt stop.

./