• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surplus Military Powder...any suitable for .308?

balkandom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2009
NW Arkansas
I've looked around my usual places, no joy. Anyone have a line on some powder suitable for loading target .308? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Surplus Military Powder...any suitable for .308?

Pat's reloading?

I saw that 844T and 846T that Pat's has, have never used any of it. Anyone have any experience with it

this is hi-techs #314-275-8840. I usually get 6 pounds for 60 or 70 dollars

Wideners did have some pull down IMR 4895. That powder was made especially for 308. For many years it was used as the main powder for all 308 military loads. I'm not sure what they have now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balkandom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw that 844T and 846T that Pat's has, have never used any of it. Anyone have any experience with it </div></div>

I use both of 'em. The slower version I use for plinking loads in 308 to 30-06 size case capacities with 150gr bullets and for heavy bullets (75gr) in 223

I use the faster stuff in 204 Ruger, 223, 6x45 and very light bullets in 30-06.

All of the powders are nicely consistent. I get STELLAR results from WC846T in the 204 Ruger with 40gr Vmax

Try Jeff Bartlett at gibrass.com.

EDIT: I just checked and all the has is WC844 for 5.56 now.

Good news is he has a big load of 5.56MM brass in.

WCC 844 works okay for .308. It is comparable with H335. Roughly. Confirm load data for yourself.

I have used it in a few hundred rounds with 147-gr FMJBTs.

Wideners had some Radway Green 4895. I bought some and I can't tell any difference between it and IMR 4895.
myerfire

Jerbe, thanks for the number, I called them today and they hooked me up. They also have 175gr SMK's (Pulled) for $120/k, I jumped on that one too.

"long range match" RE15 load data. I cant find a "w___" number on the jug. I've been using it for months in .223, 7-08, and .308. I performs like RE15 in all. I dont remember the cost, made a group buy with some local fellas.