• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surpressor hieght sights for RED DOT

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
Hello anyone have any good recomendations for surpressor height sights for a G19 Gen 5 with holosun 507c that wont break the bank?

AF981795-34-F7-4-B7-A-9-F36-D8-D8-E017-B9-BB.jpg
Not sure they’d be high enough, but pretty high, I have these on a polymer 80, good mix of precision and speed.

AF981795-34-F7-4-B7-A-9-F36-D8-D8-E017-B9-BB.jpg
Not sure they’d be high enough, but pretty high, I have these on a polymer 80, good mix of precision and speed.

just checked those seem nice

if my primary sight would be the red dot should i get blacked out front? what do u think

Blacked out front?

I mean only thing have black out is my rear on some of my pistols, but I’m talking like my range only stuff, 22LRs, 5” SVI, etc, if I’m going night sights I like both to be illuminated and I prefer a two dot like the XS sights.

A blacked out front, I probably just go full race/range toy and have no backup sights if I was going that way, even my colt SAA clone has a little (removable) white reflective paint on the back of the front blade

“Blacked out rear sight”

Untitled-Session02348-111.jpg

Blacked out front?

I mean only thing have black out is my rear on some of my pistols, but I’m talking like my range only stuff, 22LRs, 5” SVI, etc, if I’m going night sights I like both to be illuminated and I prefer a two dot like the XS sights.

A blacked out front, I probably just go full race/range toy and have no backup sights if I was going that way, even my colt SAA clone has a little (removable) white reflective paint on the back of the front blade

“Blacked out rear sight”

Untitled-Session02348-111.jpg
thanks for all the info much appreciated

Reactions: TurboTrout
I'd get the lowest possible sights that will show up through the bottom of the glass, go for 1/4 or 1/3 co-witness- the idea is to keep the lens as uncluttered as possible. Remember they're just back up irons.

I'd get the lowest possible sights that will show up through the bottom of the glass, go for 1/4 or 1/3 co-witness- the idea is to keep the lens as uncluttered as possible. Remember they're just back up irons.
probably just going to get all blacked out irons at 1/3 and leave it at that

I black out all my rear sights. With RDS's Dawson has a lot of choices for front sight optics. The Leupold Delta Point Pro's have an
optional elevating rear sight; I profiled those rear sights as "reactive target sights, RTS", which are nice; milled the profile, but a steady hand
and a proper gunsmith file you could make a nice rear sight mod. to get the co-witness height to your preference. A S&W MP 2.0 Performance Center and Sig X-TAC p320 with Leupold DPP's mounted.

Leupold Delta Point Pro #2 FOP Range Zero 25 Yards Tripod 10.04.20IMG_6643 copy.jpg
Sig P320 Safariland RDS 6390 FDE HolsterIMG_6886 copy ANNOTATED 08.01.21  copy.jpg
Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 PC Leupold DP Pro Rear Sight Milled  10.25.20IMG_6751 copy.jpg
Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 PC Leupold DP Pro Rear Sight Milled  10.25.20IMG_6753 copy.jpg
Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 PC Leupold DP Pro Rear Sight Milled  10.25.20IMG_6757 copy.jpg
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0  Apex Fit Barrel Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Target Zero 25 Yards v. Sig P3...jpg

I went with .365 Trijicons on my 19-5. No dot yet, but they just clear with the Rugged Obsidian 9

What happens when you need to use that backup? Black out front sights suck
They are a backup. Not a primary sight system. The likely hood of actually needing them is slim to none. Running a fiber front or similar front sight with an RDS causes other issues.

What happens when you need to use that backup? Black out front sights suck
This is why a practicing a good, consistent draw is important. If you have this good, consistent draw you are very likely going to be on target even if your RDS goes down, regardless of your back up sights.

Reactions: greentick
They are a backup. Not a primary sight system. The likely hood of actually needing them is slim to none. Running a fiber front or similar front sight with an RDS causes other issues.
I have both blacked out and green tritium front sights and have not found it to interfere with my ability to quickly pick up the dot on the RDS.

I’d go green front fiber or a night sight, if you’re going to make the front sight basically useless, shave the weight and snag and just delete it.

I black out all my rear sights. With RDS's Dawson has a lot of choices for front sight optics. The Leupold Delta Point Pro's have an
optional elevating rear sight; I profiled those rear sights as "reactive target sights, RTS", which are nice; milled the profile, but a steady hand
and a proper gunsmith file you could make a nice rear sight mod. to get the co-witness height to your preference. A S&W MP 2.0 Performance Center and Sig X-TAC p320 with Leupold DPP's mounted.

View attachment 7822749View attachment 7822751View attachment 7822752View attachment 7822754View attachment 7822756View attachment 7822758
thanks for the pics

This is why a practicing a good, consistent draw is important. If you have this good, consistent draw you are very likely going to be on target even if your RDS goes down, regardless of your back up sights.
Agree, if you use proper consistent grip and drive your thumb towards your target then all you need to make hits is that pointed thumb and the back plate of your pistol. Run your dot without backup irons first and practice using that back plate and or the optic housing to put hits on target. In the rare chance your dot goes down you can still make good self defense hits. In a real gunfight you probably won’t find those bui sights anyway. Train this way and you’ll be shocked at how well you’ll do. It’s all about consistency consistency consistency, practice practice practice. Imo for what it’s worth.

Reactions: 308pirate
They are a backup. Not a primary sight system. The likely hood of actually needing them is slim to none.
I agree. Which is I have no sights visible through the lens in all but one of my pistols. That one I drank the koolaid before figuring out how to hit without them

Running a fiber front or similar front sight with an RDS causes other issues.
Not for me, it doesn't. Focus on the target and see what you need to see.

I agree. Which is I have no sights visible through the lens in all but one of my pistols. That one I drank the koolaid before figuring out how to hit without them

Not for me, it doesn't. Focus on the target and see what you need to see.
I should have put a “can” in front of the cause issues. Depending on someone’s setup, I have seen issues with people running a front fiber or other “dot” on their front sight. If it wasn’t for work “rules” I wouldn’t run backups on anything. Making hits with just the optic housing, like simonsza1 mentions, isn’t hard to do and you can accurately do it at “fighting” distances.

Reactions: 308pirate
Depending on someone’s setup, I have seen issues with people running a front fiber or other “dot” on their front sight.

Yeah only tactards put on sights so tall that they sit in the middle of the FOV

Reactions: Simonsza1