• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Survival Movies

1575785429304.png

Against the Sun (WWII Navy Survival Drama)
Rescue Dawn (Vietnam War POW Movie)
Beyond the Reach (Western Desert Thriller)
All Is Lost (Ocean Survival)
The Great Escape (WWII POW Movie)
Bravo Two Zero (Desert Storm SAS Movie. One of the few where Sean Bean lives.)

You hacked my Amazon account.

Into the Wild was decent, I had read the book long ago though. It's the story of Christopher McCandless, a young man who walked away from the world and hitchhiked his way to the Alaskan wilderness. Has a Travels with Charlie type of vibe to it.

old yeller a story about a faithful dog who got shot while providing a meal to its hungry humans those bastards killed yellow dog . lol

Last edited:
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
One of the greatest movies EVER! Many folks have never even heard of it.
Charles Bronson
Lee Marvin
Carl Weathers
Angie Dickinson

Should be required viewing to receive one's man card.
It’s also based on a true story. The book “The Mad Trapper” tells the story. The movie is decent... but pumped up for Bronson. The real guy and the story of the real Manhunt... is like something Tom Clancy or Stephen Hunter came up with.

it was one of my favorite books as a kid!

Read the book for sure!

Cheers, Sirhr

It’s also based on a true story. The book “The Mad Trapper” tells the story. The movie is decent... but pumped up for Bronson. The real guy and the story of the real Manhunt... is like something Tom Clancy or Stephen Hunter came up with.

it was one of my favorite books as a kid!

Read the book for sure!

Cheers, Sirhr
I looked for this book on Amazon and there are a lot of different ones, do you remember who the author was?

Charles Bronson
Lee Marvin
Carl Weathers
Angie Dickinson

Lee Marvin charter to Carl Weathers character: "Best part of you ran down your mama's leg." CLASSIC!!!

Death Hunt

Charles Bronson
Lee Marvin
Carl Weathers
Angie Dickinson

I also like how the movie sets it over the Dog the guy rescues. I could see killing a lot of people over them trying to take a dog you rescued back to certain horrible death.

one i saw as a kid was called “the earthling” with william holden i believe. Now it’s been a long time since i saw it, and many movies of that time frame suck when i watch them now. I do remember enjoying it when i was a kid though. “Death Hunt” was a fun watch. Angie Dickenson.....oh mama!

Reactions: DuneBoer
Well stated. I watched this movie recently. Mikkelsen is skilled at holding scenes on his own. Long stretches of no dialogue.

I saw that too. When on an international flight I end up watching many movies.

^^^ Sorry, but I didn’t like The Revenant at all. That movie is dark as all get out.

I tend to like them the darker the better, since usually reality can be pretty dark.

That could just be from one's childhood reading library containing such classics as "A Dog of Flanders" and "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" or having an old faithful to the book, short movie of The Little Match Girl as a staple of your childhood Christmas movie rotation on that new fangled VHS thing.

Or just you know from reading the actual fairytale books....

Dark and disturbing isn't I guess as popular as it once was.

"The Decline". A Canadian variant about a survival training gone bad. Currently on Netflix.

a inspirational story of a man who made a cabin in Alaska and how he survived and thrived in that environment ... found both stories on you tube

"I shouldn't be alive' its always on tv. People lost in the wild and have to starve or find a way to survive all alone.