• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Surviving Disaster

rookie75

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2006
DFW
Anyone see this show yet?

The show basic tell how to surviving in a disaster. I have watch the first two episode and it was ok, the first episode talks about how to surviving in a airline hijack, the second show talks about how to escape an office building fire. The show is hosted by former Navy Seal Cade Courtley.

Re: Surviving Disaster

watched the first one thought it was overall a good show. It at least get you thinking.

P.S. do you remember the radio channel from the first one.

I saw the premier about the jacked plane. It was a very scripted scenario where everything pretty well goes as planned. One passenger is acknowledged by all the others to be in charge and give directions which are executed with some level of competency. I don't know if this would happen in real life as it was portrayed.

The show does motivate one to consider "what ifs". There's value in getting everyone tuned into their own powers of observation, and thinking about these things. Most people I see in airports are already in a semi-zombie state as a result of their high adventures with air travel. It's a good time.

I'll probably watch the next episode.

- Fret

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">watched the first one thought it was overall a good show. It at least get you thinking.

P.S. do you remember the radio channel from the first one. </div></div>

I think it was 12500?

121.5 is the GUARD channel. You broadcast your tail # and say "on guard" so the people listening to multiple stations will know which channel to respond on. Ex. November 401 Romeo Kilo on guard to any station, mayday mayday mayday. Then you wait to see if somebody is listening. The thing is if you were on a plan you are already talking to center so you just make your call to them.