• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suspended production of Lapua cases for popular calibers.

Mr.BR

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 5, 2017
    313438341_10210581318765657_3642992420590292728_n (1).jpg

Okay, except those listed to be suspended are not really the most popular calibers these days. Now, if they had included 6BR and 6.5 Creedmoor in that list, I think that you’d hear much more wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I can see that those using 6 Creedmoor and 7mm-08 will be sad for sure. As a stolid .260 guy, I’m not happy, but am good for now.

I imagine that Peterson and Alpha won’t be too upset to hear this though.

Curious as to why the Ukraine situation is impacting production. Raw materials? lots of rounds of more popular calibers being sent that way? other?

I admit, I do like the .308 Win 175 Gr. "Secnar." Good to see that one is not on the list. That and .338 Lapua

Reactions: lash
    Curious as to why the Ukraine situation is impacting production. Raw materials? lots of rounds of more popular calibers being sent that way? other?
    The amount of support being sent that way quietly is absolutely astounding. I would not be surprised to find out that they have a rather large contract for things like 338 Lapua with either a 3rd party govt for Ukraine and/or directly with Ukraine itself.

Bummer for 6mm Creedmoor X2.

Lapua's 6CM brass is great SRP stuff, but the Lapua 22-250 makes exceptional LRP 6CM brass too (once you open it up with a mandrel and easy-peezy fire-form it).

Reactions: Jonny_ and lash
    Whew! So glad I have bought 1x fired lapua brass several times on here (did again just 40 min ago), and can keep my virgin 6cm pure and clean..... 6cm is my favorite to shoot by far, I'd be sad if I ran out of lapua

If any reps from Peterson are watching this is their chance for converting the masses

Our fclass team was all over this earlier today

Reactions: khel and lash
    just placed a waaaayyyy bigger order than I was planning

looks like those that have some of these cases are boing to make a killing on gunbroker.com. :cautious:

Still, its kinda surprising, last time i was at the Lapua factory in Lapua town they were running at much less than full capacity, Lapua being primarily a a state owned defense contractor had multiple cold production lines by design, to be used for the Military supply only.I guess those cold lines have gone on line while ago.

Got plenty of 6.5x47 and 6.5-284 on the shelf. Bummer though. Guess I'll check out more of the Alpha stuff. They're gonna get busier.

During the darkest times of our recent shortage, Lapua was the one brand of brass I consistently saw in stock in some caliber or another depending on where you were.
    Like someone else said, send Ukraine Hornady!!!

During the darkest times of our recent shortage, Lapua was the one brand of brass I consistently saw in stock in some caliber or another depending on where you were.
    Like someone else said, send Ukraine Hornady!!!
    Buy Chinese and Russian stuff for Ukraine its great value for money. But its easy to spend taxpayers money i can just imagine some Eurocrat ordering millions of rounds of ammo at Lapua to ship to Ukraine and we are talking 7.62x39 not some super duper sniper ammo.

Last edited:
    Buy Chinese and Russian stuff for Ukraine its great value for money. But its easy to spend taxpayers money i can just imagine some Eurocrat ordering millions of rounds of ammo at Lapua to ship to Ukraine and we are talking 7.62x39 not some super duper sniper ammo.
    Dumbest post , so far . Holy fuck it amazes me the lack of knowledge on a subject yet such big mouths spitting out bullshit . Anyone ever heard of NAMMO . Educate yourselves or shut the fuck up .

Reactions: jmornoinf

I am not saying that the note is incorrect, however Lapua oy, the finnish company has not published any of this on there webbpage.

Sooooo.

I am not saying that the note is incorrect, however Lapua oy, the finnish company has not published any of this on there webbpage.
    Letter is adressed to industry insiders, its not a letter to retail customers.

Dumbest post , so far . Holy fuck it amazes me the lack of knowledge on a subject yet such big mouths spitting out bullshit . Anyone ever heard of NAMMO . Educate yourselves or shut the fuck up .
    What is your point , Lapua plant manufactures also small arms ammo and components for the military and its the Lapua plant and/or possibly Leppävirta Plant that is curtailing the case manufacturing for certain calibers and its not doing it because other ''Nammo'' plants are running out of material for rocket motors or artillery rounds?
    They are swamped with orders , mention of Ukraine is hint it's not your civilian orders that are forcing it unless they are running out of electricity.

What is your point , Lapua plant manufactures also small arms ammo and components for the military and its the Lapua plant and/or possibly Leppävirta Plant that is curtailing the case manufacturing for certain calibers and its not doing it because other ''Nammo'' plants are running out of material for rocket motors or artillery rounds?
    They are swamped with orders , mention of Ukraine is hint it's not your civilian orders that are forcing it unless they are running out of electricity.
    You need to do some research on this subject . Right now, you are just spitting out bullshit .

the 7.62x54R hurts
    they were the only good source for quality brass

Dang, dont like to see that! The F-class guys sre gonna be pissed. The the 47L? Wtf!
    Get some while the getting is good. MidSouth has those both in stock right now:

Lapua is good brass- and it sucks to have less options and availability.... But I've never found it to be the game changer it is touted on the net to be. It's as good as any of them- but other brands are just as high quality. The world will go on.....

Lapua is good brass- and it sucks to have less options and availability.... But I've never found it to be the game changer it is touted on the net to be. It's as good as any of them- but other brands are just as high quality. The world will go on.....
    It didn’t become the standard by which all brass is judged for no reason.

I can’t speak for other people or brands of brass, but I know I was culling at least 10% of my Hornady 6.5CM brass every loading cycle due to loose primer pockets, starting with twice-fired. Have not had that issue with Lapua yet, on my fourth firing and you can find plenty of folks with far more cycles on their brass that aren’t seeing the issue with Lapua.

^ Good hell man-- never said compare it to Hornady. :)

You still have to compare it to other premium brass- and when you do you realize that it's all going to be ok.

^ Good hell man-- never said compare it to Hornady. :)

You still have to compare it to other premium brass- and when you do you realize that it's all going to be ok.
    It's as good as any of them- but other brands are just as high quality. The world will go on.....
    You didn’t exactly specify “premium” in your post, my bad haha

To my knowledge, the only brass lines that folks agree are top-shelf are Peterson, Alpha OCD, and Lapua, and agreed that I’d be fine with any of them. SAKO is touting their new(?) stuff as Lapua-grade, but I’ll let others do that research.

You didn’t exactly specify “premium” in your post, my bad haha

To my knowledge, the only brass lines that folks agree are top-shelf are Peterson, Alpha OCD, and Lapua, and agreed that I’d be fine with any of them. SAKO is touting their new(?) stuff as Lapua-grade, but I’ll let others do that research.
    Hmmm, wonder why they didn't call it “Peterson Grade” or “Alpha OCD grade”🤷‍♂️

• Haha
    Hmmm, wonder why they didn't call it “Peterson Grade” or “Alpha OCD grade”🤷‍♂️
    I mean, my words, not theirs. But generally I'm agreeing that Lapua is the gold standard, and most importantly, is pretty much always a safe bet.

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled programming.

I mean, my words, not theirs. But generally I'm agreeing that Lapua is the gold standard, and most importantly, is pretty much always a safe bet.

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled programming.
    I was just poking fun, and not at you. Lapua earned its gold standard rep decades ago, and its never skipped a beat.

Yeah- not a issue-- But what I said was that Lapua was as good as any other brand- (not that any other brand was as good as Lapua)-- but sure not worth arguing about.

And I actually agree with what supersubes said above- "Lapua earned its gold standard rep decades ago"..... that is true- and its quality has stayed high. Decades ago it was by far the best brass- but we are not dealing with that. In those decades other brands of brass have upped their game-
    and now it is being matched.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I would expect that the list will grow. I also believe that it won't just be Lapua.