• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SUUNTO clinometer for angled shots ?

dragoon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2007
Carolina Lowcountry
Has anybody tried the SUUNTO compass/clinometer for doping shots 'more or less' out of horizontal ? Its a hand-held device , normally used for aiming satellite-dishes , like DIRECTV . It has a compass for direction , and clinometer for azimuth . You aim it and look through an aperture for the reading . Well-made and reasonbly light , although the aluminum needs darkening ...

Re: SUUNTO clinometer for angled shots ?

Yes I have.

It works better then any other "shooter" Angle cosign tool on the market.

John

We use them in the Profession of Land Surveying as well. I also use it for bowhunting they do a really good job.

Good product.
Just make sure you are down at the level you are actually shooting from (where your gun is) when taking measurements.

YES , that's the beast . I have long coveted them from afar , after seeing one used to aim a satellite dish -- gear-whore that I am . Lo and behold , I scored one in a pawnshop yesterday , used , for $20 . Now , I have to figure how to attach it to my Mk13 clone MARS-rail ...

I know J.Boyette uses one like that. Pretty slick tool.