• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SVT 40 picatinny interface mounts

CCCP2k

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2011
Canada
Hi all.

Have you seen picatinny or other interfaces for SVT-40 which would allow mounting a decent modern scope? What would you recommend for this rifle? I would imagine 3x9 or fixed 8 will be OK fit for the rifle of this caliber and precision.

Thank you

Re: SVT 40 picatinny interface mounts

Do you have a grooved reciever? There is a short picatinny mount but I have not seen them for sale in along time. I have one on mine but you still have to use a compact scope. With case ejection on this gun you have to watch how long the scope is.

Re: SVT 40 picatinny interface mounts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PAGhillie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a grooved reciever? There is a short picatinny mount but I have not seen them for sale in along time. I have one on mine but you still have to use a compact scope. With case ejection on this gun you have to watch how long the scope is. </div></div>

Yea, this is what I see from the NET search. Could you please post a picture of your setup for reference. Does it hold zero well enough?
Mine has grooved receiver.
Another option is to use original mount or replica. The problem is to find 25.4 tube scope.
Do you know any good ones?