• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report SW Ammo 175's Review

oubeta

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2003
Edmond, Oklahoma
Very impressed with SW Ammo 175's. We shot 4 boxes today of the non Lapua brass ammo. We got very decent groups with a flier every now and them.
These are about as good as it gets for commercially available ammo. Hopefully they will offer bulk discounts and keep the price down for 'hide members'.
I wonder if they will offer a trade in credit on your used brass?
smile.gif

Overall we were very impressed with them. I haven't had a chance to shoot them out of a bolt gun yet, but I suspect this gasser does not do them justice.

DSC_0332.jpg

Very windy. 8kts gusting to 15kts
DSC_0331.jpg

100 Yards with a LWRC REPR
DSC_0324.jpg

Re: SW Ammo 175's Review

Nice. I just bought a case of those. Going to try some at 500 and 600 during the week to see how it does. I want to see how it groups at maybe 200 or 300 side by side with FGMM 168s for comparison.

Nice shooting! Thanks for taking the time to write up the review.

Mike

Doesn't look like it, but that's a 5 rd group @ 100.

Weather: 41 Temp, 43 Humid, 29.92 Baro, 184 Alt.

Stick: GAP, Bartlein 25", AICS

It grouped as well as FGGM and better than Hornady 178 Supers. I liked them, thanks for a good load Mike.

IMG_0960.jpg

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">FWIW, I think a .30-'06 load running 2650fps with a 175SMK in a 24" barrel could be a popular load, expecially since it could likely be suitible for the Garand. For the Garand, somewhere in the vicinity of 47.0gr of IMR-4064 should do the trick.</span>

Greg

Oh, nevermind....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: line-through">FWIW, I think a .30-'06 load running 2650fps with a 175SMK in a 24" barrel could be a popular load, expecially since it could likely be suitible for the Garand. For the Garand, somewhere in the vicinity of 47.0gr of IMR-4064 should do the trick.</span>

Greg

Oh, nevermind.... </div></div>

We do plan to load 175s in 30-06, at or near the velocity you have listed. We'll probably be using H-4895 in as the powder, however.

Mike

I need to get some of this and try it out, been hearing alot of good things

These are in stock and shipping now.

I snagged two boxes from the prize table at the Bash. That's not enough ammo for a true test, but so far it's shooting groups just a touch bigger than my pet FGMM lot, which is good. As always, it's consistency that I'm after and we'll have to see about that.