• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns SW M&P Pistols - Removable Safeties?

jpmuscle

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2008
Ive been feeling the itch as of late got a couple ???s

I have no desire for the models with a thumb safety and magazine disconnect however finding the models without the MS and TS has proven elusive. Buds police has the full size 9mm/40 for 399 when they have them in stock so im waiting patiently for them to resupply.

That said can the models with the Magazine and thumb safetys be converted to function without those features easily? The guns with those features are a bit more but itd save me some wait time. Plus id have the option to swap back to a functional TS if I so desire.

Re: SW M&P Pistols - Removable Safeties?

K_4c was selling one very recently that might perk your interest.

Look him up.

The mag safety is easily removed. Some people prefer to do this as if you buy it without it installed you have a warning on the side of the slide telling idiots the pistol will fire with no mag in it. I have no idea about the TS being removed. There was a full size .45 for sale in that forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been feeling the itch as of late got a couple ???s

I have no desire for the models with a thumb safety and magazine disconnect however finding the models without the MS and TS has proven elusive. Buds police has the full size 9mm/40 for 399 when they have them in stock so im waiting patiently for them to resupply.

That said can the models with the Magazine and thumb safetys be converted to function without those features easily? The guns with those features are a bit more but itd save me some wait time. Plus id have the option to swap back to a functional TS if I so desire. </div></div>

I've been waiting for buds police to get the M&P 40c with crimson trace grips in for, oh I don't know 9 months or so... they are hit and miss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mag safety is easily removed. Some people prefer to do this as if you buy it without it installed you have a warning on the side of the slide telling idiots the pistol will fire with no mag in it. I have no idea about the TS being removed. There was a full size .45 for sale in that forum. </div></div>

or really?? I didnt know the slide markings were different for the non MS guns. Thats definately a plus Ill have to look into that then. Ill always thought that was the stupidest thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I've been waiting for buds police to get the M&P 40c with crimson trace grips in for, oh I don't know 9 months or so... they are hit and miss. </div></div>

Yea i here what your saying. gotta figure tho the 40c and ctc grips is ail bit more than your basic fullsize model with no extras tho lol.

The full size 9s come and go pretty often and it looks like they have a good supply of the ones with MSs and TSs and varying combinations so I may just go that route. I wish they would stock the Vtac in FDE tho. Esp in 9.

The 45 is on my list but I want the full size 9 first. I want a Gen4 Glock 21 as well.

Plus if anybody saw it SW is offereing a 50$ mail in rebate for active and retired Military. Its hard to pass up a NIB gun for 350$.. hell glocks LEO/MIL discounts arent even that good. and thier getting goofy about their stuff nowadays anyway.

Can the non TS models be converted to a functional TS if the did not come with a TS from Smith and Wesson?

JP-On my full size m&p45 I was able to remove the TS. My m&p40 does not have the TS but it does have the little cut out with a cover over it where one would go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can the non TS models be converted to a functional TS if the did not come with a TS from Smith and Wesson? </div></div>

Yeah Im pretty sure they can. (I dont know personally, but I remember a buddy talkin about it.)

Don't quote me on it, but I think maybe just maybe its like if you wanna "upgrade" to the thumb safety, you pay to send it in to Smith and Wesson and then they but one on for free. Again - I don't know if thats true but I remember hearing something about it.

From what ive been reading (And I cant find anything 100% conclusive) all the frames are cut with the lil plugs to accomadate TS models, which probably cuts down on costs from SW but the difference is in the internals apparently

Im gonna contact Apex and SW and see what they have to say about the different models. The only reason I want a M&P is spend some trigger time with the APEX parts. All of the stock M&Ps ive fondled and the gun shop were absolute garbage interms of their triggers. The factory triggers on my glocks were many times better before I even worked them over.

IT will be interesting to see if SW is forthcoming with info or not. From what ive read they take a bit of an issue with the shooting community tearing into and revamping the fire control components of their pistols for whatever reason. So discussing the removal of safety feature may not go over so hot but we'll see.

Yes all the frames are built to work with a thumb safety. If you wish to remove the magazine safety that is an easy task. If you have any questions send me a PM. The reason Smith and Wesson will not give you answers about the safety issues is due to law suit reasons. The stupid engravings and all the safety stuff is because of certain commie laws so they can be sold in the commie states
smile.gif