• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swampfox Kingslayer vs. Sig Romeo Zero

jeremydc

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2021
Guam
Sorry if this isn't a scope related question.

Im looking for a red dot sight for a pistol im planning to get. Im looking at the Canik Mete SFx.

Any sight recommendations?

A lot of people are recommending the holosun 507k but thats a little over my budget for a first sight. I feel the most I would do with the pistol is steel competitions as Im not aware of any other local pistol comps.

I was looking at the swampfox Kingslayer with the red circle dot or the Sig Romeo Zero with6 MOA dot. Swamp fox coming in at $139.99 and the Sig at $159.99 on Optics planet for their black friday sale. If anyone has any info on any of the reticles, please let me know.

Heads up: The Canik Mete accepts micro redots so the bigger footprints are out of the picture.

I have no experience with the Sig, but we've got a couple of the Swamp Fox optics, a red and a green. I too caught them on sale last year and give them a try. One is on a shotgun we use for turkey hunting, the other is on a Ruger mark IV. They're roughly a year old and no issues as of yet.

Sig gets shit on around here but I've been impressed with all the SIG stuff I've owned. A couple range finders and spotting scopes. Still have them, no problems, and CS has been great about anything I've needed, which is nothing major.

I have heard less than stellar things about their micro red dot from various places, though. Although to be honest the seampfox and SIG are probably the same stuff stuffed into different housings.

Reactions: Rant Durden
Yeah - if you want a red dot thats going to go the distance get the Holosun unit that meets your need.

Don't buy Holosun they're a Chinese entity through and through. Funded by the CCP Chinese Communist Party. It's all documented by a few people who posted the evidence on other forums.

Don't buy Holosun they're a Chinese entity through and through. Funded by the CCP Chinese Communist Party. It's all documented by a few people who posted the evidence on other forums.
Swamp fox is too. They held themselves out as the “house brand of a major Chinese optics maker.”.

And the Chinese made versions of the Sig are probably made by them as well.

If you want US made the newer NV capable Leupold Deltapoint might be an option.

Is the leupy the only us made micro red dot? I don't know of anything else. You start getting into footprint compatibility and your options are limited. It is what it is...

Is the leupy the only us made micro red dot? I don't know of anything else. You start getting into footprint compatibility and your options are limited. It is what it is...
Trijicon are made in USA. Leupold red dots are either made in USA and/or assembled in USA. Some but not all Sig red dots are assembled in USA.

Aimpoint are made in Sweden.

Shield sights are made in Britain.

So it looks like both Holosun and Swamp Fox are true Chinese firms that just invented names to look less Chinese.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JohnCarter17
The smart move is to wait to buy so one can save more money for a great pistol that isn't optics ready, have the pistol slide professionally milled with retention lug(s) for a Trijicon RMR/SRO, Aimpoint P2, RMRcc, Leupold DPP rev2.

ETA: The canik mete webpage shows it is already designed for the Trijicon RMRcc optic, and that's the only one that is also duty rated. Save your money for that!

Last edited:
Apologies - didn't notice you needed a micro.

The only US made micro I'm aware of is the Trijicon RMRCC. I would save my money for it. A dead red dot sight when you need it is fucking untenable.

didnt realize RMR was making a micro. Have any idea what the footprint fits? I'm guessing they are doing their own...

didnt realize RMR was making a micro. Have any idea what the footprint fits? I'm guessing they are doing their own...
Trijicon RMRCC has its very own footprint, but it's also the only duty rated micro optic. Shield Sights RMSc has the micro category footprint other makers have copied.