• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swampfox Optics --- Arrowhead 1-10 --- very nice scope

Bungi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2012
So I ended up buying the Swampfox Arrowhead scope after watching a video review of it by Ilya, aka the Dark Lord of Optics. I have followed Ilya's reviews for a while and I appreciate the detail he provides. I have also never been disappointed with anything Ilya has recommended.

I am certainly not qualified to review scopes myself, but I have owned/used many different brands of scopes, as well as different levels of cost/quality. My high-end would be the NF ATACR, and my low end would would be a super-cheap Bushnell from from Big 5 (I regretted that one). Lots of scopes in between, including Vortex, Leupold and Sightron, etc.

I had never even heard of Swampfox before I saw Ilya's review, and I do not have any affiliation with them (or with any other scope company).

Bottom line is that I really like this Arrowhead scope. I got the 1-10 model and I think it is a fantastic option for the money.

The glass is clear and bright.
The eye box is very easy to get behind at all power levels.
The MOA reticle is perfect for my application.
The illumination is very visible, even in daylight.
The turrets lift and lock and have nice crisp clicks.
The focus ring on the eyepiece was easy for me to adjust for my eye.
And a little side-note: The box and packaging are as nice as I have ever seen.

Again, I am not a scope expert, but I wanted to write a "review" on the Arrowhead so others might become aware of it.

I hope people will give Swampfox a chance -- I am quite surprised at how much I like my 1-10 Arrowhead.

By the way, if you want to see a real review, check out Ilya's video.

Last edited:
They do offer a nice vet discount as well. Nice scope for cheap.

I took my Arrowhead to the range for the first time yesterday -- It sighted in quite easily --glass looked great on a very nice day, and I love the reticle. Hashmarks lined up for holdovers. Although I did not work the turrets too much, they appear to be spot on so far.

Received my arrowhead today. Glass is as nice as advertised.
One thing I notice is that on 1X, it’s not 1X. It’s more like negative 2. Objects are much smaller on 1X than their actual size. Objects dont come to actual size till about 2.5X.
This is the first 2nd focal plane LPVO I’ve owned. Is this normal?
If so, is this a true 10X scope or is it more like 8X?

One thing I notice is that on 1X, it’s not 1X. It’s more like negative 2. Objects are much smaller on 1X than their actual size. Objects dont come to actual size till about 2.5X.
Weird that’s the opposite of my experience. Mine felt like 1.25x and really threw me off when trying to shoot both eyes open, even more-so than shooting a 2x prism.

Adjust the eyepiece. It is set wrong for your eyes.

ILya

Reactions: Saltygod
I tried that and then all the magnifications went blurry.
on 1X at close range everything is crystal clear, but more than about 100ft things at that distance and beyond are blurry. If I up the mag, it clears up.
My 1-8’s don’t do this, but they are FFP
Again, this is my first SFP LPVO, so I’m still learning about it.
Thanks

Could someone measure how much the turret bulge protrudes downward from the tube? It seems rather bulky. I'm thinking of using this scope on my combination gun. It may be a bit tight with my preferred mount.