• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swampfox scopes Good or bad?

Pharmer909

Not Signed Up For Online Training
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2019
A guy on another website was claiming the top Chinese optical glass manufacturer wanted to sell scopes directly to the US under Swampfox brand scopes. He claimed he use to work for Primary Arms and that Swampfox uses really good glass and turrets without the extra cost US distributors add. Anyone try one yet?

What's a Quigley Ford? is this one

1572153662409.png

1980s vintage tasco kicks their ass.

Okay - let me put this another way.

THE BEST CHINESE MANUFACTURER of optics...isn’t a scope I will be buying. Ever.

And it has nothing to do with the scope and everything to do with fuck China.

Would you take a $100 new car from some company if accepting it meant 30 years of Hillary being president? This is like that, but worse.

Eventually we will finish paying for Chinese global domination and wonder what the fuck happened.
I'm not worried about that China global domination Bull. I've seen shit in the sky that is hundreds of years more advanced than any Chinese jet. The head of Lockheed Martin/SkunkWorks on his death bed said that we now have the technology to take ET home, and that it's locked up in deep black budget programs. The world is not what you think it is. These politicians making noise is all an act for the sheep. Top US scientists have been working with the British, Israelies, Russians and Chinese for decades. You won't hear that from the media

Whose Quigley ford? Is he associated with Jerry?

Whose Quigley ford? Is he associated with Jerry?
Quigley Ford is a what. Some guy came on the hide and told everyone that S&B and kahles and the like are a waste of money.
This new Quigley Ford scope would wipe the floor with those tier 1 pos's. Turned into an epic thread.

Reactions: spw11
Quigley Ford is a what. Some guy came on the hide and told everyone that S&B and kahles and the like are a waste of money.
This new Quigley Ford scope would wipe the floor with those tier 1 pos's. Turned into an epic thread.
Just went on the Quigley Ford website. Suprised the site is still running.

Oh I’m sure there is some room for Chinese optics in the “I don’t give a shit if it lasts more than 3 range trips - this thing is gonna last me 20 years of it makes it even 2” crowd.
It has a 50,000 round warranty.. What ever 50 000 round warrany means

A scope with a shot counter. That Swamp Fox is where it's at. Plus it just sounds cool.

Reactions: Pharmer909
I already have the best of the best. You can bet your ass I’m gonna be tier 1 during the big hootenanny.

View attachment 7171940
There ya go! Just found mine the other day, in the bottom of an old tool box, ?.
Used to sit atop my Crossman pump when I was a lad. Tree rats and starlings hated that scope!

I bought the Patriot 4-16 for the wife's 10/22. Haven't mounted it yet though. (The scope) First indications have it on par/maybe a little above my experience with Cabela's Covenant scopes (I've only had mid-range Cabela's optics and don't think they're that bad compared to their higher mag offerings.). I'll fill in when I have more time behind it. (The scope)

I will approach this differently. It costs me $200 every time my optic breaks. My time is worth something, shipping, me being pissed off.

And a dookie chute optic fucks up every range trip you take with it.

Get an SWFA super sniper 3-15 or a bushnell lrts if money is tight.

I’d take either of those over the two I mentioned...

Buddly nearly tipped all of the Hide on its ear.

But really the guy seems very unprofessional and I've heard similar "I'll make it big" stories from all sorts of trailer trash. Sure you've gotta create hype but telling everyone it's the greatest thing since Tupperware doest do it any good.... ship a few out to T-Rex!

I do think there is somewhat of a reset going on in mid-high end scopes. But haven't seen any major brands on their ears...

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
if its broken once and the next scope is going to do the same thing why not go vortex they return for any reason forever great scope or not you know your going to break another again ?

I’m a scope whore for sure, but not a cheap scope whore.

I’ve never heard of swamp fox before reading the thread that I took screen shots of above...just relaying the info that I found. I don’t think hide members are their target audience.

I’m always up for a new product. Do I hold my breath and rest all my hopes and dreams on them, no.
but I do think that improvements in any tier of scope is a good thing. It makes the bad better, the better very good and the very good excellent.
Improvements in optics is a trickle up and trickle down effect. I’m all for shaking things up. Do I think SwampFox is it, no. But I applaud people that have an idea and try

I’m always up for a new product. Do I hold my breath and rest all my hopes and dreams on them, no.
but I do think that improvements in any tier of scope is a good thing. It makes the bad better, the better very good and the very good excellent.
Improvements in optics is a trickle up and trickle down effect. I’m all for shaking things up. Do I think SwampFox is it, no. But I applaud people that have an idea and try
Well said

SwampFox is a house brand for one of fairly large Chinese OEMs. I know some of the stuff they OEM for other brands and it is usually pretty decent for the money. They do not officially disclose who they OEM for, so I won't either. Besides, I do not really care.

The product should stand on its own merits. Some people care about country of origin. Some do not. I do not care too much as long as the product works. Chinese OEMs are clearly trying to go upmarket and, honestly, are doing a pretty good job of it so far.

The guy who heads their marketing in the US is Mike Branson. He used to work for Primary Arms, so I've met him at SHOT and I also had a long chat with him earlier this month when I happened to be on a work trip near where he lives.

I have not tested any SwampFox products yet, but I briefly saw their Arrowhead LPVO when I met with Mike. I am also somewhat familiar with their Patriot riflescopes. They are not going to knock your socks off, but they seem to be durable and reasonably well made.

Mike says the right things and Arrowhead and Patriot seem to be reasonably well worked out scopes, so I figured I am going to do a more thorough test of some of their newer stuff that they are aiming to be a step up fro their current offerings.

I will be getting one of the new-ish Kentucky Long riflescopes to play with fairly soon. I would like to compare it to Optika6, PST Gen 2, Ares ETR, etc and see how it holds up.

ILya

I will be getting one of the new-ish Kentucky Long riflescopes to play with fairly soon. I would like to compare it to Optika6, PST Gen 2, Ares ETR, etc and see how it holds up.

ILya
Any updates on this ?
Read the massive thread on arf , and certainly curious bout these.

In the market for a budget lpvo , was set on a rt-6 ,but reading about their "arrowhead" has me curious.

Any updates on this ?
Read the massive thread on arf , and certainly curious bout these.

In the market for a budget lpvo , was set on a rt-6 ,but reading about their "arrowhead" has me curious.

I just started looking at the 1-10x24 Arrowhead and 5-30x56 Kentucky Long. It is too early to be sure, but so far so good.

ILya

I just got a Kentucky lonrgrange 3-18 FFP MOA scope from them. I haven’t shot with it yet but mounted and compared it to my Athlon Midas btr 4.5-27 and vortex strike Eagle 3-18.

Overall the glass is better than the strike Eagle and is as good if not slightly better than the Midas btr. The vortex and Athlon scopes were “warmer” to my eyes and my buddies eyes.

The eyebox on the swamp fox is much better than the Midas at any matching power and is better than the vortex by a little bit.

One area were it is worse is size and weight. It’s basically the same weight as the other two scopes but longer than either one.

Turrets - it’s clicks are nice and leaps better than the Athlon and a little better than the vortex. The locking mechanism is nice but you need to wiggle it a little to push it down.

Reticle - always a personal preference and subjective. On 18x. I like it so far. Haven’t shot with it yet but practicing it seems decent. On 3x in bright days or low light the illumination will be needed because the reticle is so fine but the illumination was strong enough I could see it on snow on an overcast day.

All in all I would say that this scope is on par with the quality and glass of Athlons Midas or Ares lines and better than the vortex strike Eagle. It ha a lot of features and if the reticle had someway to work better on 3x (maybe a circle or horse shoe a la primary arms or SWFA) then it would be a slam dunk.

I will post pictures and a further review if I get out shooting this week with it.

You get what you pay for in life... Go Tier 1 or go home. If you can't afford a Tier 1 scope, save and watch for good deals in our PX section. HUGE SAVINGS TO BE HAD> and to ALL the guys thinking these CHEAP scopes can hang? Please post a video of the scope going through a Nightforce test.

Reactions: Jsp556
You get what you pay for in life... Go Tier 1 or go home. If you can't afford a Tier 1 scope, save and watch for good deals in our PX section. HUGE SAVINGS TO BE HAD> and to ALL the guys thinking these CHEAP scopes can hang? Please post a video of the scope going through a Nightforce test.
While I party agree with your statement I also disagree. Not everyone can afford or justify spending $3K+ on a rifle scope for a hobby they may be just getting into. I agree that a $500-$1,000 scope will never be "just as good" as a $3K+ S&B, NF, ZCO, TT or even Vortex AMG or RAZ, but there is no reason someone should sit on the sidelines and wait until they can pony up the dough when some of these mid range scopes will get them playing today. Not everyone is going to war with there rifle scopes. You always get what you pay for, but I say get what you can afford at the moment and get out and shoot.

Concentration camps for the poors...amirite?

Thanks @koshkin for the update.
will you post results here or start a new thread?

Buy what you can afford. But at least buy American.

@BCX
Not trying to start an argument, but what scopes do you run that are 100% made in America?
To my knowledge (which honestly isn’t much lol) there is no scope that’s 100% American.
Even the new XTR III has parts from other countries.
Honest question. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Caveman Jim
Thanks @koshkin for the update.
will you post results here or start a new thread?

It will take a little time to have results. Generally, I post videos an Youtube and updates on my website. Then I post links on this forum and a couple of others mostly as I answer questions.

If you do not see anything for a bit, ping me.

ILya

@BCX
Not trying to start an argument, but what scopes do you run that are 100% made in America?
To my knowledge (which honestly isn’t much lol) there is no scope that’s 100% American.
Even the new XBR III has parts from other countries.
Honest question. Thanks

The closest to a made in the US is Vortex AMG. Beyond that, I am not going to re-hash this argument.

SwampFox is growing and enlarging their facility in the US. They are not hiding that their factory is in China. Overall, they seem to have a perfectly honest approach to marketing their products and I appreciate that.

Now, buying American is a perfectly reasonable ideology, so SwampFox is not for everyone.

Personally, I assume each product and company stand on their own merit. I have scopes here made in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Phillipines and China. They all have their niche and competition makes them all better.

ILya

@BCX
Even the new XBR III has parts from other countries.
Honest question. Thanks
Actually don't own one anymore, but no way in hell would i buy anything made in China.

I personally run SB and Hensoldt scopes on my long range rifles. Have been on multiple rifles, seen thousands of rounds, have been dialed up, down and sideways, been bumped banged and dropped, seen snow, rain and extreme temps. U get my point!

Not sure on your budget but watch the PX. Buy new used than if you don't like it. Sell it w no loss. Its your money and in the end you have to be happy w your purchase. Thats my .02.