• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swapping Out A NightForce MOA for Milrad

TXBodean

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2011
Texas
Any suggestions on how I can go about swapping my NightForce 3.5-15x50 NXS Tactical Illuminated Reticle Riflescopes NP-R1 for a MilRad NightForce? This is my only MOA scope and more than once I've corrected as a MilRad scope. Just want to keep it simple and I prefer MilRad, just cause I'm more familiar with it.

Re: Swapping Out A NightForce MOA for Milrad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXBodean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any suggestions on how I can go about swapping my NightForce 3.5-15x50 NXS Tactical Illuminated Reticle Riflescopes NP-R1 for a MilRad NightForce? This is my only MOA scope and more than once I've corrected as a MilRad scope. Just want to keep it simple and I prefer MilRad, just cause I'm more familiar with it.
</div></div>

Sell it and buy a mil scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXBodean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any suggestions on how I can go about swapping my NightForce 3.5-15x50 NXS Tactical Illuminated Reticle Riflescopes NP-R1 for a MilRad NightForce? This is my only MOA scope and more than once I've corrected as a MilRad scope. Just want to keep it simple and I prefer MilRad, just cause I'm more familiar with it.
</div></div>

Sell it and buy a mil scope. </div></div>

I see that you subscribe to the KISS principle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXBodean</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXBodean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any suggestions on how I can go about swapping my NightForce 3.5-15x50 NXS Tactical Illuminated Reticle Riflescopes NP-R1 for a MilRad NightForce? This is my only MOA scope and more than once I've corrected as a MilRad scope. Just want to keep it simple and I prefer MilRad, just cause I'm more familiar with it.
</div></div>

Sell it and buy a mil scope. </div></div>

I see that you subscribe to the KISS principle.
</div></div>

Yes, I do in this situation.
I've sold and swapped all of my NF MOA scopes to MIL and the deal was cheaper on all of them than the $650 turret and reticle change. I also had a new scope in a matter of days, instead of waiting for what could be a lengthy turnaround time.

Good luck on which ever way you do it!

I had turrets swapped out on a 2.5-10X32 and it made me happier using the scope. Still, I'd agree that you could probably sell or swap for what you want and have it done in less time. It took three months and that was back when they weren't near as busy.

I considered doing that, but the cost and time away from the scope doesn't seem very effective. At some point I'll sell my moa scope and replace it with a Mil model, that I should have got in the first place. I have a feeling it's easier to sell a mil version than an moa version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teerex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I considered doing that, but the cost and time away from the scope doesn't seem very effective. At some point I'll sell my moa scope and replace it with a Mil model, that I should have got in the first place. I have a feeling it's easier to sell a mil version than an moa version. </div></div>

I don't know. I'm seeing a lot of folks buying MOA reticles these days. Maybe it's because the calculations seem simpler.