• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swaro EL Range, Leica 3000 HD-B, etc.

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
What range finding binos are you using? I recently bought a Terrapin X and absolutely love it. It ranges beyond what I need and is very accurate. The down side is that it’s a separate piece of equipment. This isn’t an issue for matches, blind hunting, etc.

I would still like to find a good set of RF binos. What do y’all suggest? I would like to carry them on a chest harness for easy access.

Swaro EL Range - great glass (I have the SLC 15x56 and love them), but effective range = 1500

Leica 3000 HD-B - good glass, 3000 yard range (effective is debatelable).

Sig Kilo 3000 - new and not a lot of info

Steiner LRF - solid and rugged. No angle indication and limited effective range.

I am leaning towards the Leica and then the Swaro for the supposed extra range. What’s the word on them?

I've got a pair of the Leica 3ks after owning and then selling the Swaros. I've always liked the Leicas a little bit better, and the laser is better on them over the Swaros. I've been able to hit a 1 mile IPSC plate, and individual trees to 2900 so far (verified distances with a PLRF 10). This summer I'll get them out west to really stretch distance.

We're seeing huge advancements made in bluetooth type integration of range finders, optics, kestrels etc. now. If it was me I might hold off for while if you have a setup that works as the technology/integration seems like it's getting upgraded pretty fast right now.

That said I'd take the HD-B's of that list, not sure about the 3000's but the 2200's would only give you ballistic solutions to 875 preset and 1000 yards with a custom curve if that's a factor. The Sig sounds good on paper, but I've had so many QC issues with Sig the last 3-4 years in both guns and optics I'm very leary of touching anything they make now.

Reactions: Cold_Bore_88
We're seeing huge advancements made in bluetooth type integration of range finders, optics, kestrels etc. now. If it was me I might hold off for while if you have a setup that works as the technology/integration seems like it's getting upgraded pretty fast right now.

That said I'd take the HD-B's of that list, not sure about the 3000's but the 2200's would only give you ballistic solutions to 875 preset and 1000 yards with a custom curve if that's a factor. The Sig sounds good on paper, but I've had so many QC issues with Sig the last 3-4 years in both guns and optics I'm very leary of touching anything they make now.

Good feedback. I never use the ballistic outputs in these RFs unless it’s ran through my Kestrel or AB.

I repeatedly hit a stop sign with my Swarovski el-oRange 10x42’s at 1994 yards. I cannot consistently hit animals beyond about 1400 or most non-reflective targets beyond 1500 though.

They work perfect for my needs. I really like the resolution it gives beyond the others I’ve tried, but I realize we all have different needs.