• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swaro Rangefinder

chain

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
MI USA
I am thinking of buying a Swaro rangefinder. I want to use it as a rangefinder and as compact bino's to save some weight while hunting. Will it perform well enough as bino's, I know it gets stellar reviews as a rangefinder. I was curious if it will do both as well. Thanks Guys

Re: Swaro Rangefinder

It has great glass. I think it would depend on how much time you spend looking through them. If you only look through them 30 minutes total a day you'll be ok. If you are looking through them a few hours a day I would go with regular binoculars and the range finder or the higher end units that combine the two.

The Swaro range finder is not a binocular, it is a monocular. So that may or may not influence your decision.

It has excellent glass, which is crystal clear. I've used mine on occasion to just look for targets/wildlife/etc.

I use my Swaro that way when I want to travel light. It's not the same on the eyes (or should I say eye) as a good pair of bins. But not bad either. It has the biggest objective of any of the LRFs I know of and great glass. It's also got great ranging capability. I've gotten readings out to 1900 yards.

I just bought a Swaro LRF. It has great glass and is nice to look through, but not nearly as nice as the Swaro binoculars I looked through when I was picking up my LRF.