• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swaro Z6I-BRT 1-6

Bronco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2006
Kansas
Have put this scope on my 3 gun AR and really like it so far, have only shot 1 match with it and all went well. Replaced a Meopta K-dot 1-4.

Have looked in the manual and Swaro's web site trying to find the value of the windage hash marks. Manual just states they are calibrated for 10 and 20 mph wind. Well as we know it makes a difference which bullet was used and the velocity said bullet was pushed. I can look through the scope at a grid and get close but would like to know the actual value in mils or moa. Anyone figured this out?

Re: Swaro Z6I-BRT 1-6

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have put this scope on my 3 gun AR and really like it so far, have only shot 1 match with it and all went well. Replaced a Meopta K-dot 1-4.

Have looked in the manual and Swaro's web site trying to find the value of the windage hash marks. Manual just states they are calibrated for 10 and 20 mph wind. Well as we know it makes a difference which bullet was used and the velocity said bullet was pushed. I can look through the scope at a grid and get close but would like to know the actual value in mils or moa. Anyone figured this out? </div></div>

the actual value of the reticle is in mils. i'll try to get a subtension sheet asap

Jay, I e-mailed Swarovski and they actually e-mailed me back in about an hour. I understand the elevation part of the reticle, standard mil. The windage on the other hand, as explained to me by Michael Sequeira of Swarovski amounts to a ballistic windage reticle. By this I mean it is set up for a .250 bc bullet and a 500 bc bullet. You use the inside wind post mark for the 500 bc and the end of the line either side of the verticle stadia line for .250 bc in a 10mph wind. He also said it was based on a 100 yd. zero. Mine is zeroed at 200.

I still don't know what velocity they used, so some experimenting is in my future to figure out how it works with my 69 SMK load.

Thank you for your efforts, I really like the scope!

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jay, I e-mailed Swarovski and they actually e-mailed me back in about an hour. I understand the elevation part of the reticle, standard mil. The windage on the other hand, as explained to me by Michael Sequeira of Swarovski amounts to a ballistic windage reticle. By this I mean it is set up for a .250 bc bullet and a 500 bc bullet. You use the inside wind post mark for the 500 bc and the end of the line either side of the verticle stadia line for .250 bc in a 10mph wind. He also said it was based on a 100 yd. zero. Mine is zeroed at 200.

I still don't know what velocity they used, so some experimenting is in my future to figure out how it works with my 69 SMK load.

Thank you for your efforts, I really like the scope!

Keith </div></div>

no problem man, i'm glad they got it to you, i've been swamped all day today. glad you like the scope. drop me a line if you need me to do anything else for you. hopefully i'll have a little more time tomorrow