• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swarovski 115mm

Brym427

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2021
PA
Where is the best place to buy a Swarovski spotting scope?

Looking at getting the 115mm. Will mostly be used for looking at deer and other animals around 600 to a 1000 yards away from my porch. Is there any other spotting Scopes that you would recommend checking out? I've also been considering the spotter 60 but think the big 115mm would suit my needs better

For what I will use it for size is no object and money is no object although it would be nice to stay under 7k

Last edited:
BTX with 115mm with your stated purpose
This may be the best bet.

I have the ATX with 95mm lens and it is amazing glass but I feel it loses a little detail when the magnification is zoomed up.

For this reason the BTX may be better. One thing of note though - the BTX magnification is fixed to whatever the lowest power setting of the lens is (35X in my case).

As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

I have the btx/115 and love it. Got it from Neil at camera land ny. They were great to work with! Where are you located, you are welcome to look through mine. I am thinking about selling it as I really don’t have a need for it. I bought it to look at the elk out of my living room….but the elk moved. I have the balance mount, the 1.7x, pelican case and the Swarovski gimble mount on a carbon tripod

The Swaro would tough to beat...

That being said I picked up a Kowa 88 for a mountain goat hunt this year and was blown away. Not many people know about them and they aren't real "mainstream". If the 99 is on par with the 88 I think it would be a close race. I have looked through a shit ton of different optics and for my eyes the Kowa spotter is the "purest" image I have seen, especially on about 40-50x. I would be remiss if I didn't mention @LibertyOptics, he went above and beyond to get me set up in a real tight timeframe.