• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swarovski 8.5 X 42 EL's

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Anything out there better than these for straight bino's? I'm planning on stepping up to the last pair I want to buy and don't need a range finder as I have one. Will be used for shooting and hunting.

If you could have any, would these be it?

They are top notch. I've had the 10x42 EL's and the 8x32 EL's. I prefer the 8x32 for backpack hunting, since they are about 8oz lighter. Either way, you won't find a better set of optics.

I have 10x42SLC, all I can say is I'm always impressed at the level of detail I can see with these, the EL are supposed to be even better, I say get'em.

I have a 8x42 EL range and 8x50slc, love them both you will be very pleased with the 8.5x42's. Between the two when things get dim, the 8x50's stand out... as would be expected. I consider them poor mans night vision. If the moon is out I have no problem detecting critters in the back 40. I cant make out antler points well enough to count all the time but I can tell what I am looking at.

The EL glass is definitely the Cadillac of the industry. I've got the 12X50 EL's and am looking to "upgrade" to the 8X50 EL Range's. The Swarovski optics are flat out, on another level.