• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swarovski 8x30 Rangefinder Problem

Winchester59

Minuteman
Nov 9, 2013
Missouri
Arrived at a recent prairie dog hunt to find my 8x30's inoperable. The button was down and would not come back up. Put in a new battery to no avail. Been waiting a few days for Swaro customer service to respond. They traveled in their custom padded case in my range bag on top of other equipment, so shouldn't have been exposed to any banging around enroute. Curious whether anyone on here has had a similar problem? Thanks!

Heard back from Swaro customer service

Will need to send it in to be sent to Austria for repair w/ at least an 8 week turn-around time. Sounds like I need a back-up, probably a Leica 1600.

Had same problem with mine but I was on a once in a lifetime Oryx Hunt here in NM and everyone using it said they were not pushing down hard on it but as many Oryx as we were seeing it could have been pushed too hard easily? But with you having issues I might be wrong but the turned it around real fast ? Also had an AO on a rifle scope bind up but it was also fixed here in the US and did not take long at all! No charge on either and still going strong!

Last edited:
Hog Wild, Thanks for sharing, hope mine turns out as well. I would buy another one as back-up as I really like it, but with them being discontinued, I wonder how long they will service them?

You might try pressing Swarovski a bit. My range finder started giving erratic results and they said to send it back and wait the 8 weeks or so. I said that it wasn't my fault it wasn't working and it was only a year old and I thought waiting 8 weeks was a bit much. They agreed and sent me a new unit and I returned the old one.

Thanks Flyrodder, I believe I'll do just that. Bought this one new from Cabelas way less than a year ago. It would save me buying another RF just for the rest of this season.

Lynn from Swarovski said they would honor the lifetime warranty, even if they were no longer in production. Sending mine in today, bought another as a back-up.