• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Swarovski ATX vs BTX

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    I will be ordering a Swarovski spotter format we in shooting but also elk hunting

I originally going to get the BTX due to less fatigue using both eyes but I did not k ow the BTX is a fixed magnification of 35 power on 95 mm
    Now leaning to the ATX with 95 mm to keep the variable magnification

The ATX has 35-70 power

Anyone have or tried either and your thoughts on the best all around as I only want to buy 1 time

Thanks in advance

I think you get alot more out of the BTX. Once you look through them, it's hard to go back to a single eye spotter.

For range play/competition, I haven't had an issue finding, spotting, and transitioning between targets with them. Takes a little practice, but it's not a huge deal.

If you're going out west hunting, I'm going to assume you're still going to have a set of binos. Binos will cover your low power, large fov requirements, and the BTX will give you the ability to see every detail your heart desires, so I don't think it being fixed power will be a problem.

The only downside is the size/weight (not that it bothers me) of the BTX. But if you're already looking at the BTX95, then I don't think it matters much to you either. FWIW, I'd go to either the 85mm (fixed 30x), or the 115 (fixed 35x) since both give you an increased fov over the 95

Reactions: Travis224
    Thanks for the reply
    if anything would do the 115mm
    the BTX in 95 mm is also 35 fixed is there a gain in field of view for the 115 over the 95? just also considering weight for Elk trips

Also agree on the binoculars have a pair of the 10x42 EL's that I use

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

I have both the ATX/BTX. I pack both hunting. When I first go it 99% of the time I used the BTX. Last year I got a new pair of binos in 12X. Having the binos tripod mounted I barely used the BTX. Mainly the ATX just to judge. I backpack hunt the high country for deer and elk.

If I could only have one I would have the BTX. The 115 does not add FOV compared to the 95 but it does allow you to see better during dawn/dusk.

I do have a 95mm (and 85) and both btx and stx - if you use and like the zoom feature often, well... there is no way around with the btx - only a 1.7x increase, but still fixed.
    However the viewing experience is quite more relaxed and pleasant. Not sure with the new 115, but I find that the 95 with the 1.7x has the IQ suffering a bit at 70x, however still very good with the 1.7x extender.

I have the btx 85, it's big and odd but breaks down easily. I'm just a regular guy who doesn't backpack so take that for what it is, but I feel like the loss of magnification isn't that big of a deal when you get to use both eyes. Plus I bought the 1.75 doubler and it get packed with the scope even if I don't think I need it

I went with. BTX and 95 mm
    Talking to Swarovski rep it’s the best balance between hunting being able to pack it away and shooting