• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Swarovski Gift Certificate - PRS Shooter - What to do?

chrisward3

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2012
Good Afternoon!

I won a Swarovski gift certificate at my last match, which was a good pickup considering I was borrowing glass (spotters and binos) for most of the weekend. Ive been through their website, and at a crossroads regarding how to proceed. Im leaning towards the 15x56 SLCs as we had a pair in our squad, and the other threads regarding Spotter vs Binos on SH seemed to indicate that binos (and specifically the 15x) were the way to go. It'll have a tripod mount as well (sitting on an RRS). A few questions below, if anyone can weigh in.

- Is 15x too much (or is 10x too little)?
- For match/day shooting, do I need a 56mm objective (or go with say the 10x42?)
- Anyone think im going down the wrong path and should get the spotter (ATS65) instead?
- Anything else I should look at or consider using the certificate for?

I wont be spending more than around the price of the 15x56 SLCs, unless there is a very good reason to. Looking forward to the replies!

Cheers,
Chris

In for the replies. Been looking at Swaro glass for a while. The 15x56 are the way I've been leaning based on the combination of utility, price, features, etc. Was going to go with a nice spotter, but the flexibility that comes with binos is nice for sure.

If I had one of those 55% off certs I'd buy a BTX eyepiece with 95mm objective. :)

As far as what you want to carry around at a match, The SLC HD 15x56 are my favorite. The BTX is absolutely stunning though.

Reactions: Jmo and yakstone
I was really hoping the Swaro cert would have stayed on the table a little longer so I could’ve grabbed it this past weekend out here in Montana.

I’m drooling over a pair of their 15’s. I currently run EL 8x32’s on a tripod and they’re amazing with their huge field of view out to about 600. I can still see most impacts/misses out far but I don’t pick up near as much detail as I do with the 15’s.

Especially considering your price range that’s the way I’d go.

For alll around use the 15x56 is perfect. Awesome for spotting at matches and in the field hunting.

I was at a match last weekend and looked through 15x56’s Slc and the 12x50 EL model and I have to say the 12x50 EL to me was a better image and more ideal magnification based on the times I checked both.

Disclaimer I don’t own either so my experience is limited but two guys in my squad had them both on tripods and were nice enough to let me use them. I will be leaning towards the EL when I take the plunge on a pair. They were great out to 1000 which is as far as I looked through either even though we had longer stages. Detail on target was consistently better on EL I thought. The 15 was too much mag/tighter FOV made for tougher target acquisition inside 5-600. Outside 1000 the 15’s May have more advantage.

I would be curious to hear any other opinions on EL too.

If I had one of those 55% off certs I'd buy a BTX eyepiece with 95mm objective. :)

As far as what you want to carry around at a match, The SLC HD 15x56 are my favorite. The BTX is absolutely stunning though.
BTX is the way I would go with your certificate. Get the 15x56 later.

Thanks for the replies! While I'd love the BTX, its a lot more than I'd even wanted to spend on the 15x56s!

Just placed the order for the SLCs...Im definitely walking away with one helluva set of binos...Thanks Swaro!

I was an RO at the NRL Finale and spotted with the 15x56 SLCs all weekend, they are amazing binos.

I am not sure about the models for Swaro, but I rely on my binos to spot at matches all the time, and can't bring myself to drag a Spotter around. My 8 power binoculars are good enough to see impacts on steel way out there, 10x would be better, but I am not sure I would go up to 15x.

Not for PRS obviously, but I can tell you we would not have scored on this 375 bull a
86C95467-991E-4FBB-9119-E9591E8DD88E.jpeg
8532D3C5-E39B-4BE1-9093-EDC49D834346.jpeg
few weeks ago without my BTX95

I run the 10x42EL Ranges and they are awesome, even better when you put them on the tripod. I have not had an opportunity to look through the 15 SLC's. Wanting the BTX badly now.