• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Swarovski Repair/Warranty current lead times?

SuperBoot

Senior Lance
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2017
Denver, CO
Hey dudes, has anyone sent anything into swaro for repair in the last 6 months or so? They’ve been hugely backed up on product, curious if repair is the same. They’re basically impossible to reach on the phone, haven’t tried email yet.

Have a year old pair of EL Range TA’s that are DOA, electronic functionality is totally dead.
Would greatly prefer to not give up my best set of binos for 6-8 months right as we’re rolling into match season.

TIA

Sent a pair of 10x42 SLC's in for repair recently (double vision after wind caught tripod) and had a little glitch in the system. Once I emailed them and registered for repair, I was instructed not to send them in until I get an ok to ship email. So I waited and a month later I got the email saying sorry but there was a problem with the automatically generated email system and it didn't get sent but it was corrected and was ok to ship. I got a conformation they received them on 11/23/22 and another email saying repair was completed and shipped back to me on 12/2/22. FedEx tracking says it's out for delivery tonight. So not bad at all after the glitch was fixed, as long as they show up that is.

Reactions: SuperBoot
Sent a pair of 10x42 SLC's in for repair recently (double vision after wind caught tripod) and had a little glitch in the system. Once I emailed them and registered for repair, I was instructed not to send them in until I get an ok to ship email. So I waited and a month later I got the email saying sorry but there was a problem with the automatically generated email system and it didn't get sent but it was corrected and was ok to ship. I got a conformation they received them on 11/23/22 and another email saying repair was completed and shipped back to me on 12/2/22. FedEx tracking says it's out for delivery tonight. So not bad at all after the glitch was fixed, as long as they show up that is.

Right on, thanks for the response, that gives me hope. I’ll reach out tomorrow via the repair system and see what happens

I wanted to update this with a timeline since I just got my binos back.

12-12-22: Registered binos on swaros repair portal and created a repair ticket

12-20-22: Contacted by Swaro with a FedEx 2 Day label. Boxed and shipped to them that night.

12-30-22: Email that Swaro received the binos. Guessing this was just delayed because of the holidays.

03-22-23: Had two back to back emails stating “we’ll repair your product free of charge”, and “repair complete”.

03-31-23: Update to my case file on the repair portal stating the binos were back at SONA, which I’m guessing means they had to go back to Der Vaterland to get fixed.

04-13-23: Binos shipped back to me from SONA

04-18-23: Binos back in my possession

I’m pretty bummed I had to send these in in the first place, but I will give Swaro credit. They stated budget 4-5 months for repair that had to go back to Austria, and door to door I waited 4 months and 6 days.
Also totally worth the mention that they look brand new and I paid exactly 0 dollars.
Hopefully that’s the first and only time these take a vacation back to their home country.

Hope this helps anyone currently waiting or seeking info in the future.

Sent some Swarovski EL range in last year. The ranges have to go back to Europe I was told . About 2 months to get back. They have a free loaner program also. I got some during the repair so I was out of pocket for only a shot time until they were repaired. Obviously the loaners are only available if they are in stock.

I just sent a pair of SLC’s for a lense replacement. Any recent updates on lead times?