• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swarovski Spotting Scopes

79steeler

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    Looking to buy once, cry once and get a really nice spotter. Main use would be long range shooting. Would be nice to have an MRAD eyepiece that can be used with the reticle turned on, and also with it turned off. Looking for suggestions on what the best Swarovski spotting scope model and eyepiece. Thanks

I like your style. Getting a good answer is going to be difficult. Only you can come up with what is "best" for you.
    I am a Swaro fan. I have had over a dozen of thier optics including 3 spotters.
    Presently I have a 10x42 EL LRF Bino, a 15X56 Bino and the 65MM modular spotter.
    I suggest you make of list of your desired features, weight requirements. Then try to look through a few in the field. I live in eastern KS and you are welcome to try anyting I have. I am also not sure the reticule spotter is still made but you can no doubt find one if wanted.
    Good luck.
    RTH

Reactions: stefan73
    I’d recommend an STR 65 / 80 (mrad) with wide angle eyepiece. Nice thing about the swaro reticle is the ability to switch on or switch off the reticle.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
    I saw a STR 65 for sale here on the hide. I'm assuming that model is discontinued? Do the newer ones have better glass or features?? What model replaced the STR 65???

I’m not sure if it has been discontinued altogether. The Mrad ones seem to be fewer in availability. If anything it was likely replaced by the STR 80.

I had the 65 for a while. Damn nice scope. I wish I could say whether or not you lose a lot compared to the 80.

I just bit the bullet on a btx setup w a 95mm mod. Doesn't help ya with the reticle part, but the dual eyepiece and forehead rest are game changers. Haven't had a chance to take it out for real field use, so the non-changing magnification is still something I'm hesitant about. If it really bugs me, I could always get an atx eyepiece or the 170% 'puck' deal

Sport optics has the str 65 in stock and the 25x50 wide angle eyepiece as well

I have an ATS 65 I use for hunting and an STR65 for the range. I would like to try the 80, but I don't see me upgrading.

Phenomenal performance as to be expected. If you want a reticle/no reticle option, your only other bet is to get a Vortex Razor and get two eyepieces...but seriously just get the Swaro. I like the 25-50 wide FOV eyepiece, but I have both and the 20-60 would be fine too if it comes with the scope.

I have an ATS 65 I use for hunting and an STR65 for the range. I would like to try the 80, but I don't see me upgrading.

Phenomenal performance as to be expected. If you want a reticle/no reticle option, your only other bet is to get a Vortex Razor and get two eyepieces...but seriously just get the Swaro. I like the 25-50 wide FOV eyepiece, but I have both and the 20-60 would be fine too if it comes with the scope.
    Eurooptics sells the eyepiece ala carte from the body and deals can be head if they have a demo to sell.

Yeah, that's where I bought both of mine, they were all separate components. The STR was a "demo" that was still sealed in the box for $800 off...steals and deals.

Reactions: MickeyRat
    In it's era the Swarovski was a top scope. Today it would still be one of the best non-florite spotter. The OP, after getting it for free, could have a great piece if they were to buy a new eyepiece and have very good optics at a great price.
    https://guntrusted.com/

Last edited: