• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swarovski STR 25-50x80 protection/case

MRADIndustries

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2017
So I decided to rip the band-aid off and swing for the swaro. When i am in the field it will probably go in the kifaru spotter pocket and my RRS tripod on the side of my Kifaru 22Mag pack. That being said anyone find a good soft case that i could put on my spotter? It would help provide some insurance for such a pricey optic.

I'm going through this right now. Lots of people recommend the Kite Optics Skua case but a Eagle Optics is their only NA distributer. Eagle only has SOME covers and will not order anything for you because they're closing their doors. I emailed Kite and they're working on finding a new distributor. They're in talks with some companies right now but for the time being their products are only available from European distributors.

So, I ordered the Kings Camo cover for $50. It might not be perfect but it's better than nothing, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do i get ahold of my friends across the pond and have them ship me something over?

My older STS 80HD I got the swaro cover. Really nice fit & protection , kinda pricey but cheep compared to a damaged scope. I would check with Swaro NA and see what they have or is in the works.

So i emailed Swaro NA and the reply i got back was check out Armageddon gear.... looks like i will probably end up with the spotter pocket from kifaru international.

The Kifaru spotter pocket looks interesting. I'm in the same situation now, and I'm curious to see what you ordered?

So, I received the Kifaru spotter pocket in this weekend, and I'm somewhat disappointed. I had mistakenly envisioned it having more padding, because it has none. The spotter pocket is essentially a thin zippered pouch possessing no padding whatsoever. It appears to be well made, and the STR80 HD fits just fine.

This is the best protection that I have found. Gortex, lined with a durable fleece, objective half with a layer of high quality Naugahyde over the Gortex. The objective bottom has an extra layer of padding sewn in for extra measure of protection. I have these for all my glass and tripods. My wife can make anything. I design what I need, she comes out of her sewing palace and voila, perfection.
Certainly someone in your area can do something similar. All my gear looks new because of this kind of protection.

Attachments

• photo81842.jpg
    photo81842.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 94
  • photo81843.jpg
    photo81843.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 89
So, I received the Kifaru spotter pocket in this weekend, and I'm somewhat disappointed. I had mistakenly envisioned it having more padding, because it has none. The spotter pocket is essentially a thin zippered pouch possessing no padding whatsoever. It appears to be well made, and the STR80 HD fits just fine.

I knew it didnt have much padding but that 550 Cordura IS TOUGH. It will prevent it from getting snagged or scratched on branches or in the truck. I also messaged Phone Skope about it and they said their spotter cover for an STR 80 was not in the works for 2018 at this time. I understand that this spotter doesnt just fly off the shelves at its price point. You would think people would be willing to pay top dollar for a high end cover however.

I was told by Swarovski that Armageddon Gear made a couple prototype cases for them for the STR. I have tried for months to get Armageddon Gear to sell me one. I get either the “call back in two weeks” or I just get no answer or return call. I would really like a quality fitted case for mine, but no one seems to want to make or sell one.

I know I am resurrecting this thread from the dead, but I have the same question as the above. In the last year has anyone started making a padded case to hold the spotter before slipping it into my pack?

Creedmoor sports will make custom covers for any scope for $50. I had one for a Leica spotter once. Nice cover and padded.
My current swaro came with the factory cover so I just use that for it.

I just ordered a Kifaru spotting scope case and will see how that works. I am hoping to line it with closed cell phone.

Hi guys sorry to revive this again but thought that was maybe better than starting another thread,
Have an str80 inbound. Kirafu looks a little loose and unpadded, stone glacier spotter pouch looks not bad and also the marsupial gear straight spotter pouch. Anyone have any experience with either of these or has anyone come across something that works well with the str80.
thanks in advance. Pricey optic so hoping to find something to keep it protected. Or maybe I just throw a puffer jacket in the kirafu pouch with it?

the same type of case that I would carry my suppressor in if my leftist state allowed its citizens to own one .
1597391916725.png

and my personal touch when you open the lid you would see the dry ice smoke effect and a laser light show and hear monks chanting in Latin just for shits and giggles .

Reactions: RTH1800
I've emailed Marsupial gear for an STR spotter case; they said later year. Maybe a couple more folks can email them too :)

I emailed them yesterday also, no response yet but I did get an email from Armageddon gear saying that they have something in the works. Hopefully they make something, they make awesome kit so a spotter cover from them would be sure to be quality 👌

Hi guys sorry to revive this again but thought that was maybe better than starting another thread,
Have an str80 inbound. Kirafu looks a little loose and unpadded, stone glacier spotter pouch looks not bad and also the marsupial gear straight spotter pouch. Anyone have any experience with either of these or has anyone come across something that works well with the str80.
thanks in advance. Pricey optic so hoping to find something to keep it protected. Or maybe I just throw a puffer jacket in the kirafu pouch with it?

:) It will go out today I am hoping. As soon as the trade lands.

Check out Scope Coat..standards and can make custom--Give them a call
Had one for a Zeiss Spotter..fit like a glove and well made

Guys,

I used this one...(45.00)

I bought 2 because the other holds accessories and eye pieces...it will not hold the STR-80 with the Eyepiece attached (too short, that’s the only problem. But they are excellent bags

My Hensoldt came in it. I used a different hard case for it and used it for accessories.

I load the STR-80 in its bag and the Hensoldt together in a pelican case that fits both and it’s a nice package.

Reactions: NZLR
Guys,

I used this one...(45.00)

I bought 2 because the other holds accessories and eye pieces...it will not hold the STR-80 with the Eyepiece attached (too short, that’s the only problem. But they are excellent bags

My Hensoldt came in it. I used a different hard case for it and used it for accessories.

I load the STR-80 in its bag and the Hensoldt together in a pelican case that fits both and it’s a nice package.
I’m still holding on to the hope that Armageddon Gear will make one. Surely it would be worthwhile. I know not everyone has an str but those that do would be happy to drop some coin to protect it

Reactions: NVScout
Those scopes are tough and really don’t require as much protection as we tend to think.

Reactions: NZLR