• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swarovski turrets???

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
I'm thinking if of mounting a swaro on my light weight 7 mmwsm.. I'm wondering if you guys that own them have had good success with there turret. This will be my mountain rifle and I feel comfortable shooting this rifle to 750 so turret must return to zero.

Re: Swarovski turrets???

anyone have any experiance with swarovski turrits?

I have some,

they are made of plastic and are a far cry from what most consider,

tactical however beyond that, they work, work great and will return to zero as good as any other top brand scope.

In the weight/performance balance, they are truly on the top and few other scopes will and can offer what they do.

/Chris

I had a Z5 and was impressed with it. According to Swaro, the scopes maintain their water resistance even with the covers off, so you can leave them off if you need to do a lot of dialing.

I only got rid of mine to go with a Nightforce. The Swaro had better glass, but I think the NF is a tougher scope and had the reticle that I wanted.

I think the Swarovski scope is a quality scope and it tracks good not a night force but good. I just don't like the reticles they offer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the Swarovski scope is a quality scope and it tracks good not a night force but good. I just don't like the reticles they offer.</div></div>

They don't offer ANY tactical reticles to civilians. Otherwise, they are every bit as good as a Nightforce or U.S. Optics, construction and glasswise.

I owned two, still own one. A 3-9 Nova and a 3-12x56 PH Habicht (Hawk). Really outstanding scopes from a huntin only point of view. If you can get one of the military ones or law enforcement ones with the 'tactical' reticles you would see how good they are as well.

Edit:

To the point of the OP. The turrets or just elevation will return to zero as good as anything out there.

optically, you would be hard pressed to beat swarovski. i use a couple of swarovski scopes and i really like them, the only issues that i've run into is they don't have a lot of adjustment like a tactical scope, but they do the job for most hunting scenarios. as for repeatably, Chris shoots 4 of the BT scopes, i've hunted a few of them and i plan to use one on a 300 wm hunting rifle i'm building. the BT scopes work fine for a hunting type setup, just don't expect a hunting scope to be a tactical scope,