• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Swarovski X5 moving while mounted to NF rings

waveslayer

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2012
    CA
    Well as the title states... I have a new Swarovski X5 mounted to my hunting rifle with NF rings. Yes, I torqued the rings down to 25 in/lbs. I was doing some load work up and I noticed my groupings opening up. Upon, inspection I noticed my scope was moving forward, see the pic below . I checked the screws and all were at 25 in/lbs.

Anyone else have any recommendations?...
    a4f6d3544ec1148b75bad5f7e69eafdd.jpg

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Before anything further I’d call Nightforce and Swarovski. An expert told me he uses the de sand, that is meant for pool filters. Use a very light application on the inside of the rings. This adds the positive grip necessary to hold your scope in place. I also have heard that bow rosin from the violin has a similar result.

Before anything further I�d call Nightforce and Swarovski. An expert told me he uses the de sand, that is meant for pool filters. Use a very light application on the inside of the rings. This adds the positive grip necessary to hold your scope in place. I also have heard that bow rosin from the violin has a similar result.
    Will do.. my Z6 with the same rings had never had an issue and it was mounted to the same gun

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

I've had that problem with NF rings before. The ones I didn't sell are on a air rifle and a 223. I bought ARC rings which solve any slipping ever because they wrap around the scope tube like a strap wrench more so than squeezing from top to bottom.

Oh and they are wide enough to conceal those nasty scratches.