• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swatcom Headset Feedback?

Devildog

Professional Nail Bender
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 24, 2013
    The Land of Oz
    I pulled out my MSA Sordins the other day and the electronics aren’t working. I’ve been doing some research on replacements and came across the swatcom headsets. Apparently still made by the same company with a few more bells and whistles.

Just seeing if anyone has a set and what your impressions are. I can’t say I’m super happy about the longevity of my sordins I have, but shit breaks it is what it is. I do find them very comfortable and they worked well when they worked. I’ll probably have them fixed and then mount them to my night vision helmet.

Thanks for any input.

Not sure what Sordins are like, but I tried a pair of Swatcom and returned them. The padding didn't encapsulate my ear, it sat on top. Uncomfortable after a few minutes while wearing glasses as it forced my ear into the glasses frames with decent pressure. The left side metal spokes from the headband holding the earpiece acted like a tuning fork. If I slightly bumped my unit, it would hum for 15~ seconds.

Maybe they weren't a good fit for me, but could work for you.

Reactions: Devildog
    I liked my Sordins, but after the second pair broke, I switched to the Ops-Core Amps. I always use foamies + sordins... so the NFMI solution was pretty appealing. So far I really like them, but they are pretty expensive.

I did pay srstactical to repair one set (they were out of warranty)... that experience was easy and fast... recommended if you go that route.

I was hesitant on the Swatcoms b/c they look like just re-branded Sordins... I'm not sure if the build quality is any better? Curious if anyone else has some experience with them.