• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swavorski STR-80 And RRS Tripod

Bama Fan

Minuteman
Supporter+
May 10, 2013
Charlotte
I have a STR-80 spotting scope and a RRS Tripod with the Anvil 30 Ball Head. I am having a hard time finding an adapter plate to mount the scope to the tripod. The B22 plate won't work. Does anyone know which plate I should be using?

Thanks!

I use a RRS B76F plate on my STR80 with the RRS ANVIL 30 head (that’s what is printed on the bottom of the plate).

Last edited:
I have a STR-80 spotting scope and a RRS Tripod with the Anvil 30 Ball Head. I am having a hard time finding an adapter plate to mount the scope to the tripod. The B22 plate won't work. Does anyone know which plate I should be using?

Thanks!
You should be able to find one that works here:

As you probably know, that little lip on the plate prevents rotation once it’s butted up against the foot.

Kirk Photo is a made in USA company like RRS.

Thanks!
The B22 works on all the Swaro I have used. Is the 3/8” screw on the B22 to large. You should be able to remove the reducer bushing installed. It’s silver and has a flat head opening to use a flat head screw driver to remove it. If you do not want to remove it and use the 1/4”x20 our B76 would be the one.

Reactions: UsedToBeGood