• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swed Mausers in stock?

HSNARC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2010
Central Illinois
I have been looking for one of these for a while, as a lighter coyote hunting rifle instead of my 15# .260 but gun stores around here are a joke and i cannot seem to find any for sale on the internet aside from auction sites. Seems like there are not too many of these floating around anymore?

Re: Swed Mausers in stock?

those look great but i guess i should have specified. I know this is the vintage "Sniper rifle" section but im looking for the standard infantry model, not the 41b. If could somehow drum up another 250-300 bucks i might go the 41b route.

There are tons of them around. Check pawn shops and gun shows. I saw a m38 in a pawn shop recently. The m96b is easier to find but they are out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olympian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are tons of them around. Check pawn shops and gun shows. I saw a m38 in a pawn shop recently. The m96b is easier to find but they are out there.</div></div>

a tad off the subject; but i cant remember the last time i saw a centerfire rifle in a pawn shop around here. Im sure out there in the West its much easier to find rifles but not here in Douchey Illinois. I did find a few Swedes at the indy 1500 gun show last year but they were beat all to hell and very overpriced.

Good info and sources all around thanks guys.

I would keep it origional with irons, at least for a while. I have been looking at all these sites you guys have given me and I may just change my focus here a bit. Everyone seems to have Swiss K31's for sale at very reasonable prices, and from what i have read in the past few days they are inherently accurate and reliable, so i may just pick one of these up instead.

One of the good things about the Swiss K31 is that there is a good scout scope mount if you want to go that way, and Swiss Products makes an excellent clamp on scope base. Neither of which require D&T and all ow the rifle to be readily returned to it's original condition.

If you are interested, I have a Swede M38 Husqvarna Mauser currently for sale. PM me for details.

Commercial ammo for the Swiss is expensive and hard to find.
Commercial ammo for the Swede is a little easier and cheaper to find.
Surplus Swede ammo is gone. Surplus Swiss GP-11 ammo is still out there. It's not too expensive and is match grade.

If you buy either you really need to handload.
Both are accurate.

Jim

i do plan to handload for either. The swede doese have a much better selection of quality brass, but i also read that to make the swiss ammo all you need to do is run a .284 win case through a fl sizer and "VOILA" so that seems pretty reasonable

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i do plan to handload for either. The swede doese have a much better selection of quality brass, but i also read that to make the swiss ammo all you need to do is run a .284 win case through a fl sizer and "VOILA" so that seems pretty reasonable </div></div>

I've made over a hundred 7.5 Swiss cases out of 284 brass. One pass thru the 7.5 dies a trim and your gtg.

awesome im probably going to go that route then. What load are you running in yours? Accuracy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i do plan to handload for either. The swede doese have a much better selection of quality brass, but i also read that to make the swiss ammo all you need to do is run a .284 win case through a fl sizer and "VOILA" so that seems pretty reasonable </div></div>

I can verify that re-sizing 284 brass to 7.5 Swiss is a snap. I've re-sized over 200. With Sierra 168gr SMK's the K31 is extremely accurate.