• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swede M96, 6.5x55

81STFACP

DRB 1234, P100, HM - XC, LR
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Austin, TX
Who would you guys recommend to work on these rifles? I need someone to give my rifle a thorough look over, fix what is needed to be fixed or made right, and assemble it back to meet CMP's terminolgy "careful assembly" and stil be legal.

Maybe if this one shoots well enough I will go ahead and convert to M41B and shoot it in the Vintage Sniper Match at Perry.

Re: Swede M96, 6.5x55

What do you think needs to be done to it? I have done most everything imagineable to one, been a Swede Owner for 20 years.
I have parts, to if there is something you know you need.

Beef_Supreme,
Do you have the tools to do a Tweade?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef_Supreme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you think needs to be done to it? I have done most everything imagineable to one, been a Swede Owner for 20 years.
I have parts, to if there is something you know you need. </div></div>

I really do not know, just want to make sure it is the best I can get. This is my first one, I do not know what to look for that may impede the accuracy potential, like are there any places in the stock that must touch wood or not, torque values for the action screws. Bottom line I want the best shooting one on the line and still legal for CMP matches.

Do you have the elevation disc to replace the ladder? I think that's what they call it, I saw a picture of one on a M41B.

That 96 Swede in one of the best pre 98 actions and I have a few of them.I would get the head spaced checked and if you have access to a bore scope check the bore and then shoot it they are fun.There are some nice after market fully adjustable triggers available if you are allowed to use them in the shoots you want to do.

Ken

The Mauser 96 action makes a nice deer stalking gun because it cocks on closing. This means that it is very silent action to open , feed the round and cock as it closes down. Much quieter than a Mauser 98 action to cycle.

Sorry guys, training in FL, no net access last week.
I do NOT have the disk.
073, check PM